Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tacx Software TTS4 and MacBook Pro
  • slowjo
    Free Member

Embarrassed numpty question here. 😳

I have been given a T1925 upgrade to my old iMagic (birthday present). The plan was that I should run it on my (late 2013) MacBook pro using Win7 64bit in bootcamp.

The MBP comfortably meets (almost) all of the minimum requirements but fails on the video card. On the box it says the graphics card should be DirectX9 compatible 3D card with 512MB chipset AT or Nvidia at 1024 x 768.

They have a little test program that tells you what video card you have and whether it is ok or not.

My video card is an integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 (2144 mb) currently running DirectX 11. To my simple mind, this seems to exceed the spec but as it isn’t an Nvidia or ATI I assume it will not work. The little report says ‘unsupported video card’. Does this mean they will simply not help if it doesn’t work properly or that the software won’t run/render properly?

My LBS say they will take the upgrade back and give me a refund if I return it (unopened) which is great, but I have no way of testing it without opening it…see my problem?

I have emailed and Tweeted Tacx to no avail.

Can anyone out there help?

Jamie
    Free Member

You don’t really make it clear, but I assume you are going to run this from a Bootcamp partition, as OSX does not use DirectX.

slowjo
    Free Member

Sorry. Yes I am running Win7 64 bit from bootcamp.

Jamie
    Free Member

I would say that the HD4000 will not have enough ooomph.

Something this seems to support:

http://forum.tacx.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21398

…plus the system tool test says nope as well.

Your call, though 8)

slowjo
    Free Member

I trawled that site time and time again and somehow missed that one!

Thanks for your help. I’ll be taking it back now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tacx Software TTS4 and MacBook Pro’ is closed to new replies.