Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Taccs Flux Smart Trainer and Trainer Road – any one use this ?
  • 4roads
    Free Member

Does anyone use this set up ?

I’m thinking of getting a smart trainer on interest free – but using it with trainer road to stop the boredom on winter garage session’s

Is this a good smart trainer ? – what others come close ?

stumpy01

I dunno specifically about the trainer you mention – it seems to get good reviews.

The Wahoo range of trainers gets good reviews too.

Have a look at Zwift as an alternative to TrainerRoad – you’re ‘riding’ in a real world where you can race or just ride with others.
    There are plenty of workout options in there as well to keep you busy.

FWIW, I use a Tacx Flow Smart, which was only £180. It’s OK, but has had a few problems. When the time comes to replace it, I’ll be looking for something a bit pricier, that is hopefully more reliable.

4roads
    Free Member

The Taccs Flux is around £600 – what is the competitors for it ?

so can any smart trainer can use Zwift ?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    StackEd

There is the new Elite Direto that is in the same ballpark, although a bit more at £750, seems to fold up a bit better and is more accurate from the reviews I’ve seen.

stumpy01

4roads – Member

The Taccs Flux is around £600 – what is the competitors for it ?

so can any smart trainer can use Zwift ?

I’m not really sure. That sort of budget was way above where I was looking to be honest.
    The Wahoo Kickr Snap gets a lot of mentions among those who use Zwift & is around £500.

Most smart trainers will be compatible with Zwift – you want one that will allow the resistance to be altered by Zwift, so as the terrain changes the resistance alters to match.
    Zwift have a list of compatible trainers on their website, although I am not sure how regularly updated it is. I would have thought it would be in their interest to keep it up to date.

https://zwift.com/get-started

I’ve also got a cadence sensor & a HRM.

If you use a laptop, you’ll just need an ANT+ dongle (or Bluetooth) and off you go.

There’s a massive thread already been done on Zwift that will tell you all you need to know:

Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Taccs Flux Smart Trainer and Trainer Road – any one use this ?’ is closed to new replies.