Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tablets (computers)
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

I need to buy a tablet of some description. I do some work as a freelance graphic designer so it’s for taking to initial meetings so my client can point at a website and say “make it like that”. As well as me pointing to a website or a picture and saying “I did that, aren’t I awesome”

It really is only to be used for this purpose, I do all my work on a hulking great desktop so I want it to be as cheap as humanly possible without being really sh*t, second hand is also fine.

I also quite like the idea of a Kindle, so I can read technical PDF manuals on the bog. Are they separate things, or can some devices do both?

Yours,

A. Luddite

ps: If this tedious subject has already been covered, please direct me to the thread and I’ll ➡

pnik

If you want to point at stuff and show people you want a big screen id say 10ish inches. If you’re not really going to use it for anything else get an ipad 2. Probably get one cheapish now. Otherwise samsung galaxy or nexus are good, all will let you read pdfs on the bog. Assuming bog is wireless. Are you assuming all c lients will have wifi available for you to use or do you need some kind of 3g connection? Then youve got to decide to use a mobile hotspot, an iphone tether, android hotspot, or get a tablet with a sim in it. More spendy solution. Assuming wifi can lead to disappointment. As can relying on a mobile network.
    Some of them now allow pdf reading in non bog locations too, such as beds and sofas.
    I wrote this on my 10 inch samsung if it is relevant. I am not currently on the bog.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I generally meant coffee shops etc with free WiFi. Cheers for that, I’ll look at a 10″ Samsung. I try to avoid Apple products if possible.

wysiwyg
    Free Member
    jambourgie
    Free Member

Wow. That’ll do. I’ll look into it. Cheers.

osteo1
    Free Member

Crikey anyone got one of those? How does it compare to nexus/note options?

Mackem

If it’s for your business, just get an ipad. Rightly or wrongly, it will lend a certain air of quality to a certain type of person.

johndoh
    Free Member

Or flog your hulking desktop and get an Air and an additional monitor for your desktop.

grim168
    Free Member

Just ordered the dx one. Been looking on and off at tablets for a while and decided 7″ is too small. For 50 quid it’s worth a punt. Only downside is no gps but i can live with that.

osteo1
    Free Member

Damn just missed it out of stock now!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tablets (computers)’ is closed to new replies.