• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by cb.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • tablets and nausea
  • cb

I’ve been taking a cocktail of tablets for 7-8 years now and never had a problem with that. In the last few weeks I’ve started feeling sick just at the thought of taking these meds. When I do man up and swallow the damn things the nausea remains for hours. Shows no sign of abating and its beginning to irritate me.

I also have to inject at home every two weeks and have no issues with continuing to do that. It seems to me that its a mental issue with the tablets.

Anyone had similar and if so how did you resolve it?

Cheers

maccruiskeen

Is it because the tablets themselves are difficult to swallow? Some tablet-y tablets (rather than capsules) have a dryness that makes them a bit sticky to swallow for instance. Could certainly become a psychological issue if you’re having to take them a lot – as instances where the tablet proves difficult to get down usually come with a bad taste too. Could ask your doc (or pharmacist more conveniently probably) if the medication is available in different formats of tablet (even two small ones instead of a big one) or not in tablets at all.

globalti
    Free Member

Go and chat with your GP or pharmacist; so often people are taking outdated medicines when a more modern alternative is available with fewer side effects.

cb

The tablets (some of them) are quite large and certainly dry. However, its the feeling sick just at the thought of taking them that is causing me concern. I haven’t had had really bad experiences where they’ve got stuck in my throat for example so no idea what is causing this.

Will talk to pharmacist to see if its a common thing and check whether capsules are available for these drugs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘tablets and nausea’ is closed to new replies.