Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tablet for surfing/ watching vids with SIM card? Anything out there?
  • alpin
    Free Member

Bought a Lenovo Yoga Tab3 today at John Lewis. Despite it saying online that it takes a SIM card, it doesn’t. Well, at least those they sell don’t. Further investigation shows that there aren’t any sellers of the Yoga with SIM card slot.
    (Found one seller in Germany, groove-inc)

Can anyone recommend a decent tablet for surfing/posting shite on here and watching films/to with a decent battery life? Oh, and that takes a SIM card so that I can surf without wifi….. spend quite a bit of time traveling by train or living in my van.

woody2000

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1″ 4G – lovely screen, great battery life. Just make sure you get a case for it as it’s slim and slippery!

CraigW
    Free Member

You could just get a 4G router with wifi, then connect to that with your tablet. Or tether to your phone.

molgrips
    Free Member

What CraigW said. I think most devices dont’ have 4g slots any more because most people are using widgets.

wrightyson
    Free Member

If you want to blow your wad the galaxy s3 tab is a beautiful bit of kit. Love mine but pricey, I used the company cc to get it.

Cougar

tether to your phone.

Surely more cost-effective than maintaining two separate data plans.

If you want to blow your wad the galaxy s3 tab is a beautiful bit of kit.

Wow, you really must like it.

alpin
    Free Member

Can you tether from all phones/to all tablets?

Really confused now. So confused that I just paid for a Lenovo Miix that I’ll pick up tomorrow. Got excited by the keyboard, but realistically I could have the tablet I want and plug in any other keyboard. Added to that the screen isn’t as crisp.

Not too fussed about running another sim. Just something else I can throw against my meagre profits. Easy enough on PAYG, you generally have the option of size of plan and can kill it after a month. I already have sims for UK, Italy and Germany.

Will probably end up getting a refund on the Miix.

Cougar

Can you tether from all phones/to all tablets?

Operator permitting rather than device-limited AFAIK. Some providers (used to?) forbid tethering on certain plans (I dunno how they’d tell even), but Wi-Fi is Wi-Fi. Your home broadband router doesn’t give a toss whether you’re on a PC or a Chromebook, a mobile hotspot is no different.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tablet for surfing/ watching vids with SIM card? Anything out there?’ is closed to new replies.