• This topic has 18 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Tablet choice: Samsung or Nexus?
  • stayhigh

Morning All

I’m a bit of a ludite so whats the general consensus on either of these, which would you recommend?

Cheers All

yetidave
    Free Member

7 or 10?

I have the nexus 7, my folks have the Samsung. Nexus feels faster and crisper, Samsung has more ports to plug things in. Both good.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I watched a clip if the same Hd fun on both and the picture on the Samsung was way better. Great audio as it had stero speakers the nexus doesn’t. For watch films and viewing photos the Samsung is way better. I suppose the image is subjective but audio is incredible. We use our ten inch galaxy tab 2 for loads of things from reading magazines, watching films from our nas, to surfing the net.

zippykona

Just got a nexus 7, doesn’t seem lacking compared to our iPad.

Ewan
    Free Member

I have a Nexus 10 and my wife has a Nexus 7. If you want to take the tablet somewhere get a 7, if you want to surf the internet on the sofa get a 10. Both are ace and the screen on the 10 is incredible.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Pretty sure the nexus does have stereo speakers.

jon1973
    Free Member

Not much experience in owning a range of tablets, but my Samsung Galaxy Hone 10.1 is great. Pretty good if you have a Samsung TV as well, with the AllShare features.

ac282

I’ve got a note 10.1 and a nexus 4 phone. The nexus is smoother and faster.

Euro
    Free Member

We have both in our household. The Samsung is the 10 inch jobbie, but that’s the only advantage over the smaller Nexus.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Screen is much nicer on a Nexus.

Cougar

Conclusion, “the one I bought is best.”

I doubt you’ll go wrong with either, TBH.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I bought a Samsung Note 10.1 – it was shit so back it went.

Replaced with a Nexus 7 which is better in every way.

davewilson634
    Free Member

I had a galaxy tab 2 7 inch and was so unimpressed I returned it and paid extra for the nexus 7 no problem since fast responsive and great screen,in my opinion pay the extra plus you are guaranteed to get the latest software updates for two years min

IainAhh
    Free Member

My folks have been asking me about tablets.

How do the Samsung and Nexus tablets compare to an ipad?

Are these any good for editing photos. Can you run Photoshop for example.
    Ipad looks like a great piece of kit, but as they have always used windows based pcs wondering if that is too much of a jump for them.

A likely option is a laptop and a tablet so something that works well together would be good.

lodious
    Free Member

I bought Nexus 7’s for the kids, performance wise they are good, but the screen on one has cracked, and replacements are currently v.expensive (I got quoted £165 to repair, which at a cost of £159 for a new one does not make a massive amount of sense).

Cracked screens appear to be a pretty common problem w/Nexus 7, with some people reporting they cracked with very light impact.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The lack of USB connectivity and SD slot on the Nexus is a bummer.

CountZero

Are these any good for editing photos. Can you run Photoshop for example.

No, although there is an iOS Photoshop app, but I’ve tried it and frankly it sucks. Snapseed is better, and Filterstorm is much closer to what the Photoshop app ought to be; it has curves, levels, layers, filters, pretty much everything you could possibly need.

eskay

Well we have a selection in our household.

My wife has an ipad3
    I have a nexus 7
    One son has a galaxy tab 10.1
    one sun has an ipad mini

I like the nexus 7, it is a nice size and can actually fit in my coat pocket! Screen is very nice.

The galaxy tab 10.1 is very much like the ipad 3. The larger form factors are easier to type on but I am not keen on the extra size, it makes them less of a portable device in my opinion.

Th ipad mini is nice as well. I am not an apple fan but the quality is good and so is the screen. I just do not like the way you are so tied down with apple (being a software developer!).

“ohnohesback” – You can buy an OTG cable on ebay for the nexus for a couple of quid, buy the support app and then you can plug usb sticks into it.

Bez

I’ve owned the Galaxy Tab 2, my dad has the Note, and I have a Nexus 7. I wouldn’t touch a Samsung tablet again. Horrible things. The Nexus is excellent (bar the crap speaker and relatively fragile glass) and you get Android updates without having to either wait or give up hope.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Tablet choice: Samsung or Nexus?’ is closed to new replies.