Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Tablet advice.
  • luddite
    Free Member

Looking for a cheap tablet device…..
    …looked at Samsung tab3 but haven’t a clue if it’s good or bad.
    Anyone using a Tesco Husk?

Stoner
    Free Member

“cheap”? define.

£110 for first gen Nexus 7 is good and cheap.

£30 for grade A refurb Archos 7d from morgancomputers is very cheap and a bit rubbish.

Ive just had delivered a 7″ chinese (own brand, somertek) tablet from morgan computers and it’s pretty good for £60.

18m ago I got an Ainol Aurora for about £100 and the boys have destroyed the digitizer so Im repairing that and tidying it up for Jr#2 and the new somertek can got to Jr#1.

Keeps the blighters well away from my nexus 7 which I love.

Mackem

I’ve got a TAB3 and the other half has a Nexus 7 – Both not expensive. The Tab3 has an SD slot, the Nexus doesnt. They are both good tablets.

scruff9252

I have the Tesco Hudl and it’s pretty good. I use it for browsing, reading pdf’s etc. Wifi range is reputed to be poor, but I can’t say I have noticed it tbh.

For the money you can’t really go wrong.

freddyg
    Free Member

I bought 2x Galaxy Tab 2’s this time last year for my kids. Best christmas present ever (according to them) and still get’s daily use.

Full charge doesn’t last too long but we only charge them every 2 or 3 days – to manage their use.

Initial frustration over the inability to move apps to the SD card has now been resolved with an O/S update.

…and I wish I’d bought one for myself.

Saying that, the Tab 3 is £119 over at Amazon, and I’m sure there are offer codes knocking around the internets too.

D28boy
    Free Member

sorry to hijack but any knowledgable views on Kindles ???

khani
    Free Member

Good luck finding a Hudle, rocking horse poo at the moment..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have a Tab2 and am very impressed overall. Bought the smaller one for travelling, and was so impressed I bought my father a full size one last Christmas. Gave my old Xoom to Mrs CFH, and that’s fine for what she needs.

Tab isn’t the cheapest, but it certainly seems very reliable, easy to use etc.

molgrips
    Free Member

£30 for grade A refurb Archos 7d from morgancomputers is very cheap and a bit rubbish.

Rubbish how?

bazzer
    Free Member

Good luck finding a Hudle, rocking horse poo at the moment..

Only if you want a black one, ordered a blue one to pick up from local Tesco tomorrow.

Stoner
    Free Member

grips: unfortunately most archos (and arnova, their budget brand) units are quite poor implementations. Laggy, buggy, and in the case of some of them physically poor – i.e. USB power ports detach within 6m of use rendering them unchargeable.

I really wanted to get one for Jr as a cheap and simple unit, but online reviews and my own experience when Ive tried them in HMV last year just make it not worth the risk, even at £30-40.

khani
    Free Member

Only if you want a black one, ordered a blue one to pick up from local Tesco tomorrow.

Thank you, 😀 been looking for ages.

stumpy01

I keep debating whether to get one of these….

http://www.ebuyer.com/521621-hisense-sero-7-pro-32gb-tablet-m470bse

basically the same as an original Nexus7 from what I have found online, but 32Gb with HDMI out and an SD slot.
    Had a heavy month in terms of car insurance, servicing etc. and Christmas spendy spendy so I keep putting it off. I know what will happen; it will either sell out or they will put the price up and I will be annoyed that I didn’t just buy one.

mogrim

grips: unfortunately most archos (and arnova, their budget brand) units are quite poor implementations. Laggy, buggy, and in the case of some of them physically poor – i.e. USB power ports detach within 6m of use rendering them unchargeable.

I really wanted to get one for Jr as a cheap and simple unit, but online reviews and my own experience when Ive tried them in HMV last year just make it not worth the risk, even at £30-40.

I’ve got one: it’s not massively fast, and reading small text is unpleasant (not enough resolution), but as a tablet for kids it’s fine. The main problem is actually the non-usb charger, kids being kids we can never find the damn thing…

patriotpro
    Free Member

Nexus for Android, otherwise an ipad.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Tablet advice.’ is closed to new replies.