Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • T130S – New Wheel Options?
  • SandCrab

I have a 2016 Whyte T130S Yari, cracking bike and does everything i need (combined with my 1 x 10 Stooge as a winter bike). That said, it is a bit on the hefty side and a lot of that mass seems to be the stock wheels, so i’m looking at options for something a bit lighter.

I am a “wheels on the ground at all times” rider and mostly spin the Peak, Brecons and South Wales. I have never damaged rims on my previous hardtail so i don’t need anything bombproof, but they should be good for “normal” riding.

Budget is open, happy to look at alloy and carbon. I like Hope hubs but not fixed, definitely prefer sealed bearings. Whyte is boost at both ends.

So, anyone have any recommendations?

Cheers

Chris

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Without knowing budget, I’d suggest look at Superstar offerings firstly. If you wanna get a bit more spendy then suggest DT Swiss, 1700 or 1501’s if you can afford it.

weeksy

Winstanleys has some nice Crank Brothers 1/2 price, but as they were too rich for me, i bought a set of these today.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/WBI25EGRS/wtb-st-i25-tcs-rim-on-el-guapo-rattlesnake-hubs

mboy
    Free Member

I built a set of Hope Pro4’s on DT Swiss XM421 rims for cheesybeanz’s missus bike not long ago. That was a nice upgrade for sure without going too far overboard on the cost.

lawman91

Before Christmas I had some Pro 4’s built onto Stan’s Arch MK3 rims for my T130 C RS and have been super impressed. Went with a 28h build and they’re light, stiff laterally and have a nicely damped ride. Built them with Sapim D-Light spokes and brass nipples and they came in just over 1700g for the pair with tape and valves. You can get lighter/blingier etc but as a solid, reliable wheelset with easy to get spares you can’t go wrong.

blacknose
    Free Member

I have my SRAM Roam 40s for sale that I’ve taken off of my T130C RS, if that would interest you? 1600g, boost, £150.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘T130S – New Wheel Options?’ is closed to new replies.