Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • T Shirt printing, costs and experiences?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’m toying with the idea of making a small run of T Shirts using details from my paintings.

How complicated a process is this. What are the costs involved?

It would just be a small scale production of a dozen or so.

johndoh
    Free Member

Full colour? Spot colour?

kayak23

Spreadshirt are good. Not sure about original images mind, but quality is good.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Full colour? Spot colour?

It would probably be a couple of colours, I fear full colour would be really expensive.

johndoh
    Free Member

Then spot colour screen printing is possibly best – choose quality tees and use a local tee shirt printer.

Even for runs of around 10 I wouldn’t pay more than about £7 each plus screen charges (around £20 per screen). If you ask them, the printer should be able to store the screens with the stencil on for reprints (saving more screen charges).

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Cheers for that.

gozarch
    Free Member

I’ve used Streetshirts a few times and their choice and quality has been really good.

jimi
    Free Member

Spreadsgirt is good used thier website to put an origonal image onto a tshirt.
    The bits which were images that i loaded have faded a little but no too bad, the words which seem to have been done byna different process are still solid.

rickmeister

Used to be a product in pc world that when run through an inkjet printer, could be ironed on.

Have some from many years ago that are still ok, maybe worth a shot for a trial..

zilog6128

If you want full colour and limited quantities of each design, having them digitally printed onto vinyl and heat applied is the most cost effective way. They will fade more than screen prints in the wash though. It really depends on the design/quantities required/budget as to which printing method is best.

johndoh
    Free Member

I would say, given McMoonter’s ‘craft’ approach to life, that heat applied full colour images printed off a computer wouldn’t be right – better locally-sourced proper hand-drawn screen printing.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

DIY Pete! A mate of mine who is a bike mech in Killie has been screen printing his own, with some really good results. If you are on facebook (Nae chance!) check out forest riders.

johndoh
    Free Member

You could do that but the proper screen stencil equipment is light activated so you need a darkroom and chemicals etc.

You could do it with paper stencils (a la school experiments) but they don’t last two minutes.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘T Shirt printing, costs and experiences?’ is closed to new replies.