Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • T Shirt & a Tenner
  • iainc

yes please 😆

oh, hang on, I have been a subscriber for years, so don’t get one 👿

boo hoo ❓

Sandwich

Mailing list targeting, FAIL.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Likewise – my subscription number is 301…. Should get a long term subscriber perk I think 😉

iainc

a long term subscriber perk

now there is a good idea indeed ! 😛

philfive
    Free Member

Well I was going to upgrade from digital only to digital and print but now I won’t bother. I hat it when offers are for new customers only.

AD

Shame our loyalty goes unrewarded… 🙂

unklehomered
    Free Member

Awww, everyone’s grumbling, but fear thee not SingleMarketingWorld monkees. Your offer perfectly cooincides with my slowly being worndown to going all prem in your face. Next payday, I shall strike. 😀

MrSparkle

Give ’em a break. For the mag to survive or indeed flourish then they need to bring in new subscribers. If they don’t then no mag and no parrallel universe (aka singletrackworld.com).

Junkyard
    Free Member

So on that basis MrSparkle no P you will be subscribing then 😉

dabble
    Free Member

Singletrack is the only mag i’ve subscribed to then not unsubscribed to after a year. I’ve been switching subs between MBUK and MBR on alternate years just to get the free gift you get with subscribing. Although it is sometimes a dog dirt gift i’ll just wait a couple of months till they get a decent one- crappy multi tool worth 20 quid? bah, i’ll wait till your doing a nice top worth 50 bar ta.
    Not too fussed for another Singletrack t-shirt, mines still got the logo on n the stitching is holding up well, n they can keep the tenner if it keeps the mag going a bit longer.

Keep up the good work, love the show.

bruneep

Can you not just cancel then renew later on?

iainc

Can you not just cancel then renew later on?

probably….. not tried it yet, and never felt the need, however would be nice to get a t-shirt, or a mug, or one of those other new subscriber things every so often !

yossarian
    Free Member

I got the email, why not put the overall cost in there rather than making me hit the site?

stuey
    Free Member

iirc I never got my ‘free t-shirt’ from the last time I subscribed – looks like they’ve found some of them ‘back of the cupboard. ( where’s my very belated – 5 year + T-shirt?) 😕 😉

Edit – the more I think about it was there a STW LBS discount card or even a signed copy of ‘that’ Chips photograph – I’m so heart broken I may never read a tyre logo again.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Sent to SPAM!

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

Hi All,
    Sorry if you are an existing subscriber and got the email. I think the majority will be down to having multiple email addresses registered. We don’t bulk email you guys very much (almost never) so when we do send a circular we’re going to pick up these problems. We’ll try to clean up duplicates over the next few weeks.

If anyone has got a duplicate email sent to the the same email address (check the email’s headers to make sure it’s not just being forwarded) I think this may be down to a glitch with the software or the way I loaded them up. I’ll look into it this morning.

Stuey – are you waiting for a Premier card? I’ll ask my colleagues where we are up to with sending out new Premier cards. I notice you haven’t got a “P” beside your name. Are you currently subscribing?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Hi Patrick,

If you are chasing Prem member cards, see if mine us knocking about anywhere too,

Cheers

deus

Don’t think i’ve recieved a Premier card either.
    if you could check taht’d be great, ta.

Speshpaul

This ground has been covered before, its a case of just chasing new customers. as for Those owld uns amounst us well we have a few choices
    1, carry paying on your old deal. but lets face it a low sub number don’t mean nowt in stowers.
    2, take out the new offer, have your loyality rewarded via the back door.
    3, bin the subs.

2 or 3 for me, i think. i’ve struggled with the mag lately, i take privateer as well so i don’t need something thats trying to be like it.
    and the mainly wrtten by one person (or seems that way) is ok if you like that style.

we’ll see. (Guess thats me banned then,)

cp

It’s not just the mailing list – I’m logged in and there’s a thumping big flashy ad over there -> rubbing it in 🙂

EDIT – I’m not bothered by the way, just about every co. does a new customer deal.

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t think i’ve recieved a Premier card either

+1
    I did get my free t-shirt though. I think I’ve lost it, so another would be groovy.

honourablegeorge

T-shirt is UK only – BOOOO. What about us Irishers? We need an extra layer over here.

kevin1911

Ha! I got a free T-shirt and TWO Premier cards. Na na na na na!! 😆

thepodge
    Free Member

They could well be the only two cards in existence.

I’ve never had mine

ChrisL

I dimly recall getting a card years ago, but if they ever expire, it will have done and if they don’t, then it’s been missing for a long time.

Rubber_Buccaneer

My sub has only just been auto renewed but next year

Offer available to new subscribers only. Here’s our definition of new subscriber – A new subscriber is one who has not had a current subscription running in the last 3 calendar months.

maybe a little break will be in order.

Don’t have a premier card but not sure what you do with it anyway….

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

Hi All,
    Our margin is not large enough to issue free t-shirts and £10 discounts each year. Sorry but it’s true.

We are currently issuing the new plastic ones as subs are renewed – more info here

honourablegeorge – we’ll do the offer for Irishers if you want. Sign up for online payment and we’ll get you sorted.

plumber
    Free Member

I’ve never had my free T Shirt from last time – despite being promised by Chipps and Mark

I stopped my subs about 2 months ago and have been offered the new deal – I know I won’t get my T Shirt – thats a given and I got 3 unread mags at home – Its a shame really because I used to really enjoy the quirkiness of the mag 5 or 6 years ago

Plum

iainc

never got a Premier card

Never got a T shirt

have been a mag subscriber for at least 3 yrs…..

hey ho !

singletracksurfer

I’m a subscriber from the very start (issue 1) and never had a freebie 🙁

Don’t want to cancel then re-subscribe just to get one, but thats the way it works.

thepodge
    Free Member

My premier subs card just came through, its only 30+ issues late.

I suppose I’d better rush out and buy some stuff now

Mark

Hey if you were a subscriber from the start then you got 5 issues for the price of 4 and the cost of a sub then was £12 🙂

There are 6500 subscribers to Singletrack. This current promo will hopefully help us grow that by a few hundred more – we need more. Not just to keep me and Chipps in Yumeya chains but to simply pay the bills and wages. As corporate as some may think we’ve become over the years we are still just a small company living year to year and paying below average salaries to everyone who works here. We try and make sure there is always some kind of incentive available to new subscribers – that’s just sensible marketing – but we can’t send out a free gift to all 6500 subscribers every time we run a promotion aimed at gaining a few hundred new subscribers. If we did that every subscriber would a) have a wardrobe of t-shirts after a few years and b) subs prices would be around £100/year to pay for each of the 6500 runs on t-shirts we have to do.

For £35/yr you get 8 issues of singletrack posted, plus access to our mag archive of 10 years of publishing, plus the digital versions of the mag in PDF, ePub and Kindle, plus a membership card that works as a discount card in lots of shops, plus access to all our online reviews, videos, subscriber only online features, competitions, discount off everything we sell in our shop and soon an online searchable database/reader of everything we’ve ever published.

If someone can point me at any other bike mag that offers it’s subscribers more than this I’ll make sure we better it because the one thing we will always make sure we do is offer our subscribers the best value package of any bike mag out there. Currently a Singletrack sub gets you all the above for less than 10p/day.

I’m already planning the next new subscriber promotion we will be running through October. And if you are still not a subscriber but you want to see what it’s like to have a ‘p’ next to your name for a month then watch out for the copies of Singletrack issue 77 in WHSMiths that will have a free 1month digital access voucher attached 🙂

Actually our best deal is to pay £2/month. For just £2 you can then download the entire contents of our mag archive and access all our premier content for a month 🙂

AD

All fair points Mark (and the reason I’ve renewed my subs again – the magazine’s great) but I’d still like to see one of those fabled premier cards…

gray

I also subscribed before the start and am number 101, so ner! 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Well i would have liked to have subscribed via the shirt and a tenner method but it seems the STW financial wizards have chosen a system that will not accept Maestro!
    I’ve subscribed anyway via the old-fashioned downloaded DD form and sent it off via snail mail.
    Not yet recieved a t-shirt even though the form asked me for a size choice, nor have i recieved my fabled blue ‘P’ – mind you i’m kind of assuming all this will happen when my money is taken via the DD?

duntstick
    Free Member

Do we all need freebies…..jeez

SINGLETRACK: Well appreciated, despite total lack of such things, here in foreign download land.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Well, i was considering subscribing since the revamp of the mag as i buy it regularly anyway. I don’t need a t-shirt but i was told by the chap i spoke to on the phone (whilst trying to subscribe the modern way) that a t-shirt was offered via the DD form method.
    If it is offered as part of a deal then…

Anyway, i’m now a subscriber because i like the mag and i reckon £35 is good enough value for me.

AD

Whoo hoo – my first ever subscriber card turned up in the post this morning!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

OK – take it all back unreservedly! 😳

My nice new Singletrack(tm) tee-shirt has just this minute arrived through the letter box, so i can now be the very epitome of ‘cool’* on my hols next week…

*For a given value of cool admittedly!

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘T Shirt & a Tenner’ is closed to new replies.