Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • T-Mobile locked phone, can I use a local T-Mobile SIM whilst in Canada?
  • spooky_b329

Going to Canada soon, having a clever smartphone it would be useful if I could use my phone without clocking up the data charges.

Its locked to TMobile, I can see they use TMobile in the US albeit with a different GSM band (but the Desire is quadband so should work) but not so sure about Canada?

But will a TMobile Sim over there be accepted by my phone, or will it treat it as another service provider and refused to work. Also, can the Desire be unlocked online via a code?

Thanks for any help 🙂

spence
    Free Member

You still have to get it unlocked, t-moble will do it for about £15. Can’t say for sure if the Desire will work but I did the same with my old E51 a couple of weeks ago (Washington state). Would be interested to know for latter in the year.

spooky_b329

I’ll ring T Mobile and check but apparently it takes 28 days, I will be back home by then 🙂

spence
    Free Member

Had exactly the same thing, left it too late. Had to get it done down the market, why I had the E51 done rather than the Desire (£15 vs. £45)

spooky_b329

eeekk! Data roaming in canada is £7.50 per mb!

Anyone have an idea how much data is swallowed if you use google maps for 5 minutes?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘T-Mobile locked phone, can I use a local T-Mobile SIM whilst in Canada?’ is closed to new replies.