Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • T in the Park sure ain't no Glastonbury…..
  • somafunk

…is it?, anyone else trying to watch the footage and presenters tonight?, the music so far has been dire, the presenting has dire but i guess we’ve been spoiled by the previous Glastonbury coverage…ho- hum, time to watch a bit of Lykke Li from Glastonbury on iPlayer.

br
    Free Member

One of my team was going, and I was a wee bit surprised of the ticket prices – ain’t cheap.

notlocal
    Free Member

Tennents make shite lager. Why would their sponsorship enhance a piss up in a field set to music. It’s just an excuse for pissheads from all over Scotland to network.

downgrade
    Free Member

One thing in “not same as different thing” shock.

This tea isn’t much like the orange juice I had earlier, ho hum I’ll just go and drink the juice again.

somafunk

Try the Kool-Aid, it sure is refreshing.

seosamh77
    Free Member

It’s been getting progressively worse for a good few years now. They don’t even attempt to get any decent headliners anymore.

btw glastonbury wasn’t exactly great either, seems to be a general movement to bland up the festivals.

seadog101

I went last year, with my daughter. It was ace. Many bands we wanted to see. Great time.

This year? Hardly anyone I like, so not this time. Certainly no Glastonbury I’ll say, as it’s all music, not the mass of alternative arts waffle.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Its been in decline a bit the last few years (i dont think its just me getting old) but its still a bit of a rite of passage for Scottish youth going there with a big group of mates and having a good time with them. This has its good points and its bad! However for seeing a band you are already a fan of then the atmosphere and crowd interaction at T in the park is usually better than Glastonbury. For overall festival experience and variety of music then it doesnt compare very favourably.

somafunk

The one saving grace so far is I’ve found Chvrches set from Friday on BBC3, would’ve been good to see or even hear Carl Craig or Joris Voorns set from the Slam tent but nae chance of that.

I’m not knocking it as I usually get a free pass for it but couldn’t go this year, I thought the BBC coverage would’ve been a bit more adventurous with the programming.

Neil-F
    Free Member

Thought Calvin was pretty damn good. 😀

seosamh77
    Free Member

Neil F – Member
    Thought Calvin was pretty damn good.

If you are into boy racer techno, I suppose he might have been..

njee20
    Free Member

And if you’re not then you’re pretty stupid to watch, as that’s what he does…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘T in the Park sure ain't no Glastonbury…..’ is closed to new replies.