Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • T-Handle Allen Keys… which ones?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

After destroying most of my t-handles over the years, I’m after some new ones. I like the idea of some Teng ones, or Unior – but is there anything else I should be looking at?

Cheers

Ricks

trail_rat
    Free Member

Teng are no where near the quality of unior

I have irwin t bars they are good

How ever my wera hex plus regular L keys are by far the best ive used

PJ266
    Free Member

Bondhus.

kcal

pleased with my reassuringly solid Allen T handled ones – plastic coated, weighty handle.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Bondus for me but bigger ones tend to be ball end

Park l shape have been good ( they are bondus with blue platic ) but just seen the price has shot up

And never ever blue point utter crap

gaz552
    Free Member

Bacho might be worth a look, their tools are usially very good. Can be pricey though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Bahco are good

Wiha ( look on powertoolworld clearance section for a good deal)

Wera

Bondhaus

Orangeboy do you have bluespot( cheap crap) mixed up with bluepoint ?( snap ons younger brother)

trail_rat
    Free Member

I have allen brand sae keys and not that impressed with them. Apparently they outsourced them a while back and ruined them

orangeboy
    Free Member

They came from snap on and are branded blue point
    First the red plastic came off the handles very easily and the ends rounded off / wore down far to easily
    And the small ones where not a great fit even from new

They were not a patch on the bondus ones I replaced them with

trail_rat
    Free Member

fair enough , i dont use snap on other than what garages seem to have left in my car at various repairs….

its like vw – over priced 😀

orangeboy
    Free Member

I do have a fair amount of snap on stuff and it’s all very good and not at all like the blue point range

steveh

Bondhus stuff used to have a lifetime warranty on tools. I have some of their flip out, multi allen key sets and have had them changed a couple of times for free when they’ve become damaged.

unsponsored
    Free Member

Bondhus – really like them. Solid feel. Silverstone Motorsports sell them and there service is pretty good.

sv

Beta tools, not ball end though.

coatesy
    Free Member

I’d recommend the powerkey type over T-handles, far mor comfortable to use, and more versatile due to having a long and short arm. Facom are worth a look at.

blairc70
    Free Member

PB Swiss tool, they also make an excellent biking mulitool. Expensive but the best quality I have come across.

Speeder

I’ve got some Facom ones and they’re great. Not the best definition (all the edges are a bit round) but they’re hard wearing and I’ve not rounded anything off with them yet. Not cheap but I think worth the cash.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘T-Handle Allen Keys… which ones?’ is closed to new replies.