Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • T-boned by a car again this morning…
  • dangriff
    Free Member

Morning commute, me will full hi-vis and lights, going straight across a roundabout and was T-boned by a Lexus driver from the left and went over his bonnet, screen and roof. Minor injuries (bruises, grazes etc).

His daughter got out and hurled abuse at me lying on the floor . I just waited for the ambulance and left it for the police to sort as I didn’t want to get into any arguments there. I got checked out and nothing serious was found.

Anyway, he failed the breathalyser test. He claimed he was dazzled by the sun and the reflection on the wet, slippery road before he just pulled out. The policeman took this as an admittance of driving without due care and attention.

He left in the police car and his car left on a transporter. I had the last laugh as his daughter was just left there asking how she was going to get home..

Drivers, why don’t they just bl00dy well look?!?

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Drivers, why don’t they just bl00dy well look?!?

Anyway, he failed the breathalyser test

Probably didn’t know which one of you to aim at! 😉

Seriously – glad you’re relatively OK and a good results all round by the sounds of it.

headfirst
    Free Member

glad you’re reasonably ok, hope his car has some choice dents in it now. How old was his abusive daughter??

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

at least you get the last laugh and the claim should be relatively straightforward

thepurist

Sounds like his morning turned out even worse than yours. Hope the warm glow of retribution eases the aches & pains.

MrTall
    Free Member

Glad you’re ok, at least it sounds like this chap will be losing his license for 12-18 months if he was drink driving. Maybe that will teach him a lesson although i’m sure he’ll firmly but the blame on a cyclist as to why he’s getting a ban, rather than taking a look in the mirror.

Hope the minor injuries heal quickly.

MrOvershoot

Sounds like you got off lightly injury wise as having been punted over the top of a car I can confirm the road is bloody hard 🙁

With a bit of luck thats one more prize Tw*t off the road for a while

jambon
    Free Member

Can you get the daughter done for the abusive language? Double last laff?

cheburashka
    Free Member

If you’re ever unlucky enough to have this happen to you, this is how you’d want it to pan out. Hope OP is ok.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Wow, could have been much worse by the sound of it- glad you got away with minor injuries.

As for the car driver, what an idiot- hope they throw the book at them, sounds like he could easily have killed someone.

allthepies
    Free Member

Firstly, good to hear no serious damage to you.

Secondly, hahahahahahahahaha @ Lexus driver and abusive offspring.

mudshark
    Free Member

Excellent results so far – hope injuries do prove to be minor and insurance claim goes through smoothly. Keep us updated.

dangriff
    Free Member

His (new) Lexus was left with a smashed front bumper, smashed headlight, dented bonnet, cracked windscreen and dented roof. Policeman reckons the roof will write it off.

I’ve one seriously bruised leg (took the full force of his bumper) a few other bruises and grazes to knees, hips, shoulders and I reckon my helmet saved my head.

My work laptop and packed lunch/clothes saved my back, but the yoghurt exploded in the bag!!!

Funny bits – I didn’t unclip, so the bike went over the top too – probably the bike that caused a lot of the roof damage and scratches.

My workmates asked if I landed on the wheels behind the car. Sadly not, because I’d have been asking for a copy of the supermarket cctv if I had.

honourablegeorge

I left slightly unsatisfied by this. I need to know that you made an amusing, Bond-style quip to the daughter as you left.

dangriff
    Free Member

His daughter was mid-30s, fat, f’ugly and has a long walk back to Lancs from Cardiff (judging by the details that the policeman asked us to exchange).

dangriff
    Free Member

honourablegeorge
    Sadly not, I would have loved to do just that but was shaking too much and quite shocked.

What would you guys have said with the benefit of sitting calmly in front of your computers?

5lab

I doubt a new roof would write off a newish lexus – would cost a couple of grand to get done, or might just get by pulling\filling the dents and respraying.

To add further to your ammusement, the ins company may refuse to pay out anything other than 3rd party if he was over the limit (ie you’ll be fine, but he won’t). Depends on the insurance but a lot of them have that policy in.

You’re very lucky he wasn’t more pissed as he’d probably have done you a lot more damage. I expect if he caused an accident whilst drunk, plus without due care and attention would be a 24 month ban, assuming no priors

edit : as for quip, something about being able to avoid the car but pulled in by the gravitational force of her arse?

highclimber
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YllyBr_4Kxk[/video]

yossarian
    Free Member

His daughter was mid-30s, fat, f’ugly and has a long walk back to Lancs from Cardiff (judging by the details that the policeman asked us to exchange).

Good, sounds like the pig could do with some exercise.

Lucky escape, buy a lottery ticket tonight.

dangriff
    Free Member

yossarian, funny you’ve said that because as I got to work and logged on, I had an email from the National Lottery asking me to check my ticket (I do it online). It only turned out that I’d a winning ticket on the Euromillions. A whacking great £3.20.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Glad you’re OK dude. Nice work on the Lexus. 😉

honourablegeorge

dangriff – Member
    honourablegeorge
    Sadly not, I would have loved to do just that but was shaking too much and quite shocked.

What would you guys have said with the benefit of sitting calmly in front of your computers?

Would depend on what she had said to me. But “Enjoy the walk, you fat c***” would have done fine.

allthepies
    Free Member

“All because the lady’s eaten too many Milk Tray…”

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

may I say, the OP has set a fine example to all STWers.

1. Remaining calm in the face of post injury abuse (not sure I would).

2. Still going into work after the crash.

Bravo to you sir. A good result from a rubbish situation. Make sure you refuse the first few offers of a pay out and cream as much as you can from him.

zilog6128

This is why all commuters should have helmet cams. Then you could have posted the video and we could all have had a good laugh at her!!

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

What an asshat. Glad you’re ok though. ‘kin car drivers 😡

dangriff
    Free Member

Hmmm, so my lessons learnt:-

* Invest in helmet cam.

* Prepare pre-planned post accident insults.

DrP

But would the OP have had time to garble the number plate out loud before face planting the tarmac…?

DrP

verticalclimber
    Free Member

score cyclist 1 lexus+munter 0

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Glad you’re ok OP. Can’t believe that nobody’s asked how the bike is yet?!?

boblo
    Free Member

Prepare for a ‘help, yoghurt in my hard drive’ posting….:) That walk to Lancs should help her along with the diet, you should take up a new role as a life coach…

foxyrider
    Free Member

Poor you! My sympathies!

He left in the police car and his car left on a transporter. I had the last laugh as his daughter was just left there asking how she was going to get home..

Fantastic end result though!!!

mudshark
    Free Member

Is that Elfinsafety up there on that car?

davidrussell
    Free Member

bravo sir for not getting charged with making the daughter eat tarmac too. I very much doubt most people would contain the rage at being shouted at when lying in the road after being hit by a drunk driver*

As TheflyingOx commented on a post once, a simple “button it, fatty” might have pushed her over the edge.

You are indeed a lucky chap, as far as getting run over goes.

*alleged

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Well, that’s certainly a tale you’ll be able to dine out on for a few years to come! Bet it comes up over turkey in about 4 weeks!

Good to hear you’re OK and hope all your lumps & bumps heal quickly and your damaged bits get replaced pronto

hora
    Free Member

His new Lexus? Could it be a company car? If so I imagine he’d be royally **** in other ways or was he retired (older) looking?

Sounds like the daughter shouting was just a reaction out of shock as I imagine the suddeness and the bashing crashing over the top freaked her out?

imnotverygood

My workmates asked if I landed on the wheels behind the car. Sadly not, because I’d have been asking for a copy of the supermarket cctv if I had.

Reminds me of my favorite accident. Motorbike courier on a City Link GT550 in Finchley. Taken out by a car, somersaults over the bonnet & lands on his feet in front of a queue at a bus stop. Immediately picks up his radio and says: ‘Base. I’ve just had an accident’.

The bus queue bursts into spontaneous appluase.

Sanny
    Free Member

Glad you weren’t seriously hurt.

What you need to do now is write done every detail of the incident (time, exact location, visibility, sequence of events, what was said after the incident – basically every little detail you can recall) as you may need to refer to it in court several months from now. Registration no, clour of car etc are all important. Even remembering height and details of the people in the car are relevant.

Hope you heal quickly

Sanny

rusty90
    Free Member

What you need to do now is write done every detail of the incident

Second that, and details of any witnesses if possible.
    Last time it happened to me I woke up on the tarmac after taking flight over a car roof, with a motorcycle paramedic standing over me asking “how long were you unconcious for ?” (as if I knew!)
    I went back a few days later on and knocked on doors and found an old geezer who’d seen the whole thing and was only too pleased to give a witness statement.
    Driver ended up getting fined and banned for a year.

yossarian
    Free Member

yossarian, funny you’ve said that because as I got to work and logged on, I had an email from the National Lottery asking me to check my ticket (I do it online). It only turned out that I’d a winning ticket on the Euromillions. A whacking great £3.20.

Well that’s enough for a well earned pint 😀

Reckon your big win happened on the road. No point hitting the jackpot if you’re dead. Hopefully the bloke will get a custodial. D’you reckon the fat lass is home yet? If she’s skint she might end up having to play bouncy bouncy with some fat latvian lorry driver to get a lift.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘T-boned by a car again this morning…’ is closed to new replies.