• This topic has 74 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Syrian conflict, not the TV or western media propaganda war!
  • kaesae
    Free Member

Let’s also go back a while to 9/11 so we can put the media propaganda for going to war into context

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y8EweNlo8LA[/video]

and come to understand that what you see on TV and what the media reports is not the truth.

We went to war with Afghanistan and Iraq based on nothing but lies and we have committed a great crime against Libya as well as the one we now commit against Syria.

crikey
    Free Member

Silly comment Crikey

Gee thanks for pointing that out; you’re still tutting…

TooTall
    Free Member

Why not have a look at this for starters

OK – read it. Reasonable chat with a bloke who knows a lot about Syria but lives in France. It doesn’t refer to anything you’ve said about foreign operatives etc. Discounted it.

Sources for your claims please?

crikey
    Free Member

and come to understand that what you see on TV and what the media reports is not the truth

Really?

I’m thinking I might go with a Rocket Ron on the front for the Peaks, but keep a semi slick on the rear. What do you think?

pebblebeach
    Free Member

I’ve still not seen you present the sources for your info, therefor I’m out.

kaesae
    Free Member

If anyone wants to argue can you please simply start up another thread.

Tootall do you want to start at the beggining or not? we first need to build up a picture of the media and also Syria, before we get started on the conflict, or it has no context!

rudebwoy
    Free Member

What do you mean, argue? So are you saying that we can only ask questions, and not challenge assumptions,or ask for sources ?

if you state an opinion, then expect others to question/disagree

I did ask you if you have read any Marx, –try Lenin’s ‘Left Wing Communism- An Infantile Disorder’– you might find it pertinent

crikey
    Free Member

Stop avoiding the question with your tin foil hatted conspiracy fruit cakiness, Rocket Ron on the front?

kaesae
    Free Member

rudebwoy the difference between argument and debate / discussion is that the latter has the capacity for learning and growth and the former does not.

I will be putting forward evidence and sources later on, for now it would be a good idea I think to get anyone that want to be involved together and built up a picture of what’s going on in Syria.

kaesae
    Free Member

So the facts are not relevant because they do not fit what the media tells you?

We went to war with Afghanistan and Iraq based on lies, millions of innocent people are dead and you would rather embrace the falsehood that we are a just people, rather than accept that we are in fact the real terrorists and mass murderers into the bargain?

When nothing you see, hear or experience can challenge your perspective on things, can you not see that as being a potential problem.

crikey can you really argue that we can trust the media? is it not based on sensationalism and aggrandizement. Are those that report the news not paid a fortune to do so and do the media organizations not belong to individuals who are rich and powerful?

bencooper
    Free Member

What do you mean “we”?

I didn’t kill anyone in Iraq or Afghanistan, and I didn’t vote for anyone who did.

You’re making the same category error that many in the media you hate make – assuming that the people of a country are equivalent to the policies of that country.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Kaesae- beliefs are the enemy of knowledge — discuss

piemonster

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!!

crikey
    Free Member

Yes, yes, you’ve obviously been using the internet and with the arrogance that can accompany solitude, you think that you’ve found out things that no one else is aware of. Well done you.

Will you be touching on the assassination of JFK in your far reaching exposition? Perhaps Marilyn Monroe? Maybe you could deconstruct the Waco siege, or the Philadelphia experiment, briefly pausing to consider the entry of the US into the second world war as a consequence of Pearl Harbour?

Did we ever land on the moon, hmm? Roswell wasn’t it? Little green men, jumpers for goalposts, conspiracy theory down the ages, an enduring image….

piemonster

rudebwoy
    Free Member

i think its time for some music, King Tubby meets Lee Perry at the grass roots of Dub….

kaesae
    Free Member

bencooper, was it or was it not the taxes paid by those who live in the UK that paid for the UK involvement in the wars?

We are spending billions/trillions of $/£ on war and making enemies, when we could be using it to help people!

anokdale
    Free Member

It seems to me that the OP really needs to get out to these places and speak, observe and make his own mind up on what is the truth, i foolishly debated on here with him about Libya and what would i know i only work here and have done for four years.

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

kaesae
    Free Member

crikey, how would you describe your mood today?

bencooper
    Free Member

bencooper, was it or was it not the taxes paid by those who live in the UK that paid for the wars?

So I’m now responsible for how every penny of my taxes is spent?

I feel no guilt about Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan etc – annoyance, disgust, revulsion, yes. But not guilt – because it wasn’t me.

Jamie
    Free Member

So I’m now responsible for how every penny of my taxes is spent?

Yup. So while you’re here, why are my bins not being collected?

bencooper
    Free Member

Dunno – have you overfilled it again?

Seriously, though, this is the trap that our “leaders” want us to fall into. They want us to accept some responsibility for what they do. But when less than 1-in-5 people actually voted for the bloke in power, the idea of collective responsibility is a load of bollocks.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Ah thats better,

western democracies are a sham, the only thing they offer is different flavours of tripe.

GrahamS

OK – read it. Reasonable chat with a bloke who knows a lot about Syria but lives in France. It doesn’t refer to anything you’ve said about foreign operatives etc. Discounted it.

Rule #19 of kaesae threads: things he links to don’t actually back up what he says they do.
    You’re not supposed to actually read them. If you must point this out then start your own thread 😉

It seems to me that the OP really needs to get out to these places and speak, observe and make his own mind up on what is the truth, i foolishly debated on here with him about Libya and what would i know i only work here and have done for four years.

Clearly you must work for the CIA/MI6/NSA/Rothschilds/LizardPeople too 😀

How did you sneak in those sniper rifles and mind control devices past Syrian customs?

Jamie
    Free Member

How did you sneak in those sniper rifles and mind control devices past Syrian customs?

I could tell you, but unfortunately I would have to start a new thread kill you.

kaesae
    Free Member

Aah grahams, you magnificent basteward! yet again you have outsmarted me and proven you are in fact worthy of adoration and the respect of your peers.

The song that features the lyrics what a man! what a man! what a really cool man! is in fact I can confirm, playing inside my mind as I type this.

I do however have more questions than you could imagine at this point in time, many accompanied by WTF!!! however since you are here and so am I. I have a question for you, it would appear that I am yet again in error in regards to my grasping of a situation. So I will endeavour to learn more from those whose intellectual process far surpasses my own.

I am curious about your reference to the word retarded in regards to a situation rather than an individual and would be very interested to know something.

How is it that you feel or believe that when I mention a global catastrophe such as the retarded situation in Syria. I am somehow using the word to describe an individual with a mental handicap? How can the word retarded be applied to the situation in Syria in regards to it relating to an individual human being or group of human beings?

It seems to me that you are taking the word completely out of context for what ever reasons or motivations you are driven by, however I fail to see how the situation in Syria cannot be described as retarded.

If we judge each country by it capacity to develop and grow and to provide for it’s citizens, can we not then describe the situation in Syria as retarded, simply because it delays the social development of the people in Syria?

Consider that the truth in relation to a human being right to equality, is the best course of action to take in any given situation or circumstance to enable individuals to live in a stable, safe and productive environment.

If you can tell me how you would better describe the situation in Syria than retarded? I will tell you if I agree with you!

beanieripper
    Free Member

kaesae, do you live in the uk?

konabunny
    Free Member

i think its time for some music, King Tubby meets Lee Perry at the grass roots of Dub….

Typical imperialist running dog music.

kaesae
    Free Member

beanieripper, I have not yet escaped!

However I am looking for a way!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am somehow using the word to describe an individual with a mental handicap

the term you are grasping about for is Learning difficulty – preceded with the word people – because they are people first.

Think The n word – coloured – to black you are at the second stage now in outdated terminology now considered offensive and/or no longer used.

Graham is correct please stop using it- a few of us have asked is it that big a deal to use another word?

kaesae
    Free Member

It is too much to ask that I embrace delusionment and falsehood in the form of misrepresentation of the facts, the word retarded in relation to a situation, does not in any way shape or form have the same meaning as in reference to an individual or group thereof.

Furthermore, learning difficulty or mental handicap mean the exact same thing. What if we said that a golfer had a learning difficulty in relation to playing golf or a golfer had a playing handicap. Can this in anyway be proven to be a statement that is false?

We are discussing a handicap that affects ones mental capacity, how can someone be wrong for saying something, when that which they are saying cannot be proven to be wrong or false, except that it offends the sensibilities of those that seize upon it as a way to criticize and discredit others.

Your arguments lack any true grasp of the situation, if what I am saying can be proven to be wrong then by all means explain how that is?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Gotta be worth a bump 😀

Furthermore, learning difficulty or mental handicap mean the exact same thing.

Like the N word, coloured and black do? They have very different levels of offence associated with them just like the words you are using.

What if we said that a golfer had a learning difficulty in relation to playing golf or a golfer had a playing handicap. Can this in anyway be proven to be a statement that is false?

see above- but it is still offensive – not golf, granted it is a waste of time but offensive is way to harsh IMHO

We are discussing a handicap that affects ones mental capacity,

THAT IS WHY IT IS OFFENSIVE 🙄
    PS you also seem to be saying we all have a handicap – is that not offensive to us all ?

how can someone be wrong for saying something, when that which they are saying cannot be proven to be wrong or false, except that it offends the sensibilities of those that seize apon it as a way to criticize and discredit others.

Who said it was wrong – I think you were the only one to deny it meant what we said it means only to clarify further by explaining it meaning what was said
    It is offensive not wrong I could call you a rude word like say a **** and it may be offensive but nor wrong for example.

Your arguments lack any true grasp of the situation, if what I am saying can be proven to be wrong then by all means explain how that is?

See my example of black people yet again.

GrahamS

How is it that you feel or believe that when I mention a global catastrophe such as the retarded situation in Syria. I am somehow using the word to describe an individual with a mental handicap? How can the word retarded be applied to the situation in Syria in regards to it relating to an individual human being or group of human beings?

So when you said that western news reports were “inaccurate or just plain retarded” you just meant that some of the reports were just a bit delayed?

I see.

How about when you called us all “retards” in your climate change thread? Were you saying we were late?

Or when you recently said the UK had a “mentally retarded culture”? (recent fatties thread)

I fail to see how the situation in Syria cannot be described as retarded.

So by that you mean you think the situation is being held back or delayed?
    Or do you mean you think the situation is not sane?

Because the former makes no sense and the latter is insulting.

In short, argue whatever tinfoil theories you like, but please stop trying to justify using an offensive term and just use something else.

kaesae
    Free Member

I take offence at the massive death toll in Libya and Syria and the medias lies and deceit about what is really going on, a lot of you take offence concerning the use of the word retarded?

Good too see that you have your priorities in order, how can something be inaccurate but the truth? and if the truth of what is really happening in the situation is being delayed, how is it not also being retarded.

Here you go guys, something I think you will appreciate

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmCG1xArSMM&feature=related [/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8_XEwHZR8c&feature=related[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxzgF6xVF2A&feature=related[/video]

This isn’t the exception this is pretty much the norm.

Mark

And goodnight

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Syrian conflict, not the TV or western media propaganda war!’ is closed to new replies.