Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Synth and groove machine types – please help me connect my stuff
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I’m not being lazy. I’ve tried goggling for this but the language and structure of discussions on various forums left me scratching my teeth and none the wiser.

I have a Korg Minilogue and Volca Beats. I want to put these through a simple Behringer mixer (Xenyx 502) and into my amp section.

Can one of you lovely people please tell what leads I need and which holes to plug them into?

I’m a complete novice in this home music studio business so need assistance.

What confuses me most is that the mixer has L/R IN sockets but my instruments have single lead outputs.

I’m assuming I’ll need some TS leads…over to you.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I think you just need some mono jack cables. Shove them in the left side on your mixer.

Can’t be arsed to look up your synths, but most are just your standard jack.

colournoise

Minilogue out is a 6.3mm jack, Volca is 3.5mm. If you’re really stuck, go ask on KvR. In the ‘Everything Else’ forum.

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum

jambourgie
    Free Member

In that case. Assuming the Volca ‘Beats’ is a drum machine. That 3.5mm is likely a stereo out. So you need 3.5mm – 2 x 6.3mm Jack (L&R) cable…

Might be easier to buy a standard 3.5mm to RCA cable. The kind you use to plug your phone into an amp. Then buy some little RCA-Jack connectors.

Ahh… reminds me of the years soldering up weird cables and patch bays in my studio. And by the time I got it all how I wanted it the world had moved on to VST 😀

Come full circle again now though so I’m glad I kept a few bits. And as amazing as doing everything in a laptop is – you can’t beat a bit of hands-on knob twiddlery.

Have fun Derek!

derek_starship
    Free Member

I went to Maplin and got sorted for £8.19.

Discontinued 6.3mm mono to 2 x 6.3mm to connect synth to mixer £2.10!

3.5 > 6.3 plug/socket adaptor (£3.99) and as above to connect the Volca to the mixer (£2.10)

Cheers

jambourgie
    Free Member

Sweet!

What are you recording to? If at all?

Cassette? Reel 2 Reel? 8)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Synth and groove machine types – please help me connect my stuff’ is closed to new replies.