Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Syntace X12 Mech Hanger – Where to Buy Urgently (Cube/Liteville/Norco etc)
  • AndreyE
    Free Member

So,

As it always happens, I urgently need an X12 mech hanger. The one that’s used in Syntace X12 system, that fits similar to a PM brake mount.

On Sunday Bank Holiday Weekend to make things worse.

In London or on the way to Forest of Dean.

Any hints? 🙂

P.S. It’s the actual hanger I’m after. I do have a new bolt bolt but the threads in the hanger are stripped so I probably do need a new one.

stimpy
    Free Member

Why not try bike shops that sells bikes with X12 hangers and just ask for them to sell you the hanger (even if they don’t openly advertise the part as ‘for sale’)? – they could even take it off a display bike and sell you it, surely?

Sounds like there’s plenty of goodwill on offer for the shop that does. It’s what I’d do. Otherwise it’s ebay or Germany, it seems.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Start with every cube dealer on your route? (Cube site lists them with phone numbers)

AndreyE
    Free Member

Thanks guys,

That’s what I was thinking too. The problem appeared late on Saturday when I could not call any of the shops so off to this now I think.

br
    Free Member

Whatever you do, buy two 🙂

AndreyE
    Free Member

Just thought I’d do a bit of a rant here.

Went through the Cube Dealers option. Out of all shops I could reach today, only one has SOME Cube hangers but they were unable to confirm if they have the correct one (X12) unless I emailed them the pic.

Others don’t have mech hangers for the bikes they carry in stock at all.

Really?

Why am I not surprised bike shops suffer from online competition?

Oh well…

chakaping
    Free Member

Maybe people buy a spare one with a new bike and then order a replacement when they’ve had to use it?

That’s what I try to do.

AndreyE
    Free Member

I don’t know, I used to buy one online for every new frame I had. Should resort to this now.

I only know that these bits don’t cost much or take much space to store and they’re an emergency item.

What’s the point for me in hearing ‘we can order it for you’ if I cannot ride?

br
    Free Member

I only know that these bits don’t cost much or take much space to store and they’re an emergency item.

Yes, but if every LBS carried a hanger for every bike they’d ever sold, they’d have a big box of stuff they never sell…

I used to buy one online for every new frame I had. Should resort to this now.

Why not just buy a spare at the time you buy the bike?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cotic use that on the rocket, you’ll get one from Cy.

philxx1975
    Free Member

You would think for every standard out there!!! There might at least be a standard for a part which carries a component most bicycles equipped with one have.

slackalice
    Free Member

Google is your friend, as are Evans Cycles it would appear 😀

AndreyE
    Free Member

Thanks for the Cotic Rocket hint, will give it a try.

b r, I’m not expecting this, I was calling Cube dealers hoping they’d have the part for a number of 2010-12 Cube models they used to carry. Not too much of a stretch IMO 🙂

Slackalice, thanks for this. I called Evans but they carry only the bolt for the hanger, not the hanger itself. The hanger is a special order only. But will anyway give a call to local MTB Evans just in case.

stimpy
    Free Member

If they don’t have the hanger as a spare in stock, why not ask them if they’d take one off a display bike and sell it?

I’m surprised bike shops don’t stock X12 hangers since they are a standardized part for a number of different bike manufacturers. It solves the ‘so many bikes, so many hangers’ problem.

freeride_frankie
    Free Member

Have you try’d Bromley Bikes?

Twin
    Free Member
    AndreyE
    Free Member

I did not have enough courage to ask them to take it off, and they never offered 🙂

Bromley Bikes were closed so could not give them a try.

Twin yep, that’s the one.

br
    Free Member

b r, I’m not expecting this, I was calling Cube dealers hoping they’d have the part for a number of 2010-12 Cube models they used to carry. Not too much of a stretch IMO

I’d agree with you, except in practice I’ve been in the same position and found that different years/versions of bikes ran different hangers.

Which is why after that experience I ordered a new hanger the last time I bought a new bike.

AndreyE
    Free Member

I’d agree with you, except in practice I’ve been in the same position and found that different years/versions of bikes ran different hangers.

And that would be true again if not the nature of this specific hanger: it fits a range of models, model years, and even manufacturers. The most versatile hanger in the industry now IMO.

Anyway, I’ve ordered it from a couple of sources online now, hope they arrive soon.

Cheers and thanks all for help!

AndreyE
    Free Member

Another Update:

Just got in touch with Bromley Bikes, and they DID have this in stock.

Promised to put it in the post for me today so hope all goes well 🙂

BTW, hanger + bolt + postage was exactly the same as just hanger from the link above.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Syntace X12 Mech Hanger – Where to Buy Urgently (Cube/Liteville/Norco etc)’ is closed to new replies.