• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Syncing music on an iPod without a cable….
  • RoterStern
    Free Member

I’ve got an older iPod touch (with the older iPhone4 connector) which I use for work and I need to put some more content on it but I think the connection point inside the device has broken. It will charge but the computer doesn’t recognise it when connected. So is there a way to sync it without a cable? Had a quick Google and the only way I could find needed a cable conncetion first. Anyone have a cunning plan?

Jamie
    Free Member

Apologies for the obvious question, but have you tried another cable?

RoterStern
    Free Member

Sorry forgot to mention I have tried several cables all to no avail.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Probably another obvious Q but had you ever selected the device to enable iTunes wifi sync when the connector was working?

Maybe worth checking in Settings – General – iTunes WifFi Sync

http://www.imore.com/daily-tip-set-itunes-wifi-sync-windows

DezB
    Free Member

Well… stuff purchased in iTunes will show on the cloud, so when you go into the Music app, it will be available… but stuff not purchased from Apple? Probably can’t be done.

the-muffin-man

Have you cleared the connector hole at the bottom of the iPod?

If not, use a paper clip and gentle clear any fluff out. It’s amazing how much gets in there and it can stop the cable connecting properly.

Cougar

Just blow in it first, before sticking metal objects in there. (And if you do stick metal objects in there, switch it off first!)

captmorgan
    Free Member

the-muffin-man – Member
    Have you cleared the connector hole at the bottom of the iPod?

If not, use a paper clip and gentle clear any fluff out. It’s amazing how much gets in there and it can stop the cable connecting properly.

Or just use a non conductive wooden cocktail stick?

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got a spare old Touch you can have – bound to be a vid on Youtube that’ll show how to swap the connectors over… (Price of postage)

[edit]I don’t think I binned it.. will have to check later

RoterStern
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer DezB but I am not the most gifted at practical things. Knowing me I’d completely trash the thing. 😳

DezB
    Free Member

http://www.thecomputerroomnottingham.co.uk/iPod-Touch/iPod-Touch-4th-Gen%20/iPod-Touch-4th-Gen-Services – £40. You could probably get a replacement from eBay for not much more, but if you need to keep the one you’ve got…

IHN

Just blow in it first, before sticking metal objects in there.

That’s a lesson for life, kids.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Syncing music on an iPod without a cable….’ is closed to new replies.