Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Syncing iTunes with Android phone?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

Suggestions on what to use to sync iTunes music with an Android phone (Motorola Defy)?

Tried using DoubleTwist, spent well over 24hous syncing, and in the end didn’t actually copy any music over… Will have another go with it, but wouldn’t mind trying something else out.

(Something that doesn’t screw up albums/playlists/cover art etc)

Ta, Duane.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Windows explorer?
    Browse to your iTunes library location, copy and paste to the phone.
    You could set up something like a SyncToy profile to do it with a few less clicks.
    Android doesn’t need anything special like apple, if it’s just on the file system, job done AFAIK

robbo1234biking

iSyncr – is what I use. Had to pay for it but works really well

Duane…
    Free Member

Not a fan of drag and drop. I listen to music on iTunes, so have playlists etc on there, and would like to copy some onto the phone.

Plus, I’ve renamed a lot of the music through iTunes, not the actual file names.

Tebbalot
    Free Member

I second iSyncr, does what I want it to and no problems for me so far.

Cougar

I believe DoubleTwist is well regarded, but you’ve ruled that out.

I abhor iTunes so, though it’s a necessary evil due to OH having a jesusphone, for music I just drag & drop between the phone and the underlying directory structure (but then, I ticked the ‘leave my god damned folders alone you demented lunatic’ box when I installed iTunes). I’m sure there’s a more elegant way but, frankly, iTunes confuses the carp out of me at the best of times.

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

iSyncr.
    It’s that good, I even paid for it.

Aidan
    Free Member

I use Sailing Media Sync. It doesn’t sync your whole library, just a checklist of playlists that you want.

Having said that, I’m using a Mac and I don’t know if they do Windows so this might be useless for you.

Sandwich

Salling (2 l’s) do a windows version.

PrinceJohn

Salling sync used here to – works so good I paid for it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Syncing iTunes with Android phone?’ is closed to new replies.