Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Symptoms of a dying battery – car
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

“Terry – Surely given what I had to do to my last car, I should be the first person you’re taking advice from”

what did you do apart from replacing all the consumables? – scrap it ?

Marko – yeah it threw up 2 fault codes both were fueling.

Its not my garages first BBQ with these engines – hes done 4 belts on dw8s for me in the past without hitch – but mistakes do happen. How ever currently im satisfied that the battery was causing my issues.

it just so happens that p0170 can appear after a cambelt change OR a flat battery – i did both at the same time 😀 going out for a spin at lunch will see how that goes.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@trail_rat, seems a battery classic that, failing to start after first cold weather.

trail_rat
    Free Member

just been out for 30 minutes.

car is better in every respect than even before it went for timing belt change.

its quicker (its still slow but its as fast as my van now) its quieter , its smoother , it starts before it even has a chance to turn over fully even from cold, it runs cooler (was sitting at 95 on the way to work this morning with the fan constantly on – a classic sign of overfueling – now sits at 85) – no engine light coming back on and the idles back down to 950 instead of 12-1500

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Symptoms of a dying battery – car’ is closed to new replies.