Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • SXC Round at Aviemore this weekend
  • DickBarton

I'm heading up on Sunday morning to go shout 'encouragement'…going from Stirling…last time I drove it it took me about 2.5 hours…but that was before the big roadworks at Bankfoot.

Are they still in situ and if so, how should I be leaving to get there for 10:30am?

Cheers.

gtkid
    Free Member

Not sure if they are still there but last time I was up that way I went round them via stanley, murthly and dunkeld.

BoardinBob

Don't know if they rain will play a part!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8237299.stm

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Roadworks at Bankfoot are as good as gone

marty
    Free Member

bankfoot ones are finished (at least the temporary traffic lights are gone). there's a new set south of ballinluig – near the turn for guay (snigger) – trafficscotland says they're not on at weekends:
    http://www.nadics.org.uk/traffic.aspx?x=300400&y=747000&scale=198088&itemtypeids=3

took us 20 minutes to get through them on tuesday.

Dougal
    Free Member

Barton – Take the bike and do the fun race you big willy!

DickBarton

Would love to but will also have Jessica and she isn't that happy about being strapped to my back whilst I'm riding my bike…don't think the course is suitable for a Burley either…

Dougal
    Free Member

Hmm, that's a bit of a showstopper. Look forward to seeing you there.

Wondering if I'll need a mud tyre on the back for the first time since 2001 at Aviemore?

aviemoron
    Free Member

A9 all ok (came up last night) but Badaguish is a wet root/rock slip fest. Enjoy, all you heart rate watching, straight bar using,leg shaving ex-roadie types.

aviemoron
    Free Member

Oh and nae bother on a 29er with Nevegal/Python mix!

Dougal
    Free Member

aviemoron – You've not met many of the SXC crowd, have you?

DickBarton

LOL…I'd say he had a fair knowledge of it all Dougal!

cullen-bay
    Free Member

hey richard, see you there, i will hopefully be trying to get a top 8 in the youth category! advice please!: i can get a mud tyre and a crossmark for sunday, no other tyres, whould i use the mud on the front or back, was at the course today and it's super muddy!

aviemoron
    Free Member

23.00 Friday night, just back from pub – it's p*sh'n doon. He he he, don't worry about tyres, just dinnae forget yer flippers!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘SXC Round at Aviemore this weekend’ is closed to new replies.