Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Sx trail help!
  • robholland
    Free Member

Anyone using a sx trail 2008 style or older with single ring up front? what chainguide did you use? I'm having trouble with e 13 lg 1. Mount to ISCG tabs and i have to space it out with millions of washers and it clashes with chainstay, tried both normal and wide angle plates. BB adapter still clashes which means cutting away alot of the lg 1 plus buying a new chainset without granny ring tabs on. Anyone used a chainguide which just fits straight on?

GW
    Free Member

grinding/cutting off granny tabs is perfectly normal for fitting a chain device to many bikes.
    sorry can't really help you with any of the rest of your issues.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The one before last chainguide I fitted I had to file down the g-ring tabs.

A Gamut chain device looks like it could fit, pretty small backplate.

Dan
    Free Member

Gamut fits fine (only required 1 fat washer behind the plate) with a Hone crank, no filing required.

robholland
    Free Member

Yeah i have hone cranks, i might look at gamut then, i don;t really want to file of the granny tabs, i was considering it but cant use them if i want to go double again!

Bagstard
    Free Member

I think the newer LG1 should fit. I had the same problem on my sx and my Demo. I ended up just shaving off part of the boomerang.

A blackspire is cheap and will go straight on.

robholland
    Free Member

Did you shave off the bottom plastic bit you mean? i could do that but then i have to add serious amounts of washers for it to fit over the chainring. Maybe the hones are causing the problem to.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Mount the chainring on the opposite side of the tabs? Have you tried thaT?

robholland
    Free Member

yeah its on the side i need it on. Its just really tricky to fit with e 13 and hone combination i think. The dropped chainstays are a pain.

stevede
    Free Member

I run a blackspire chainguide and hones on my 07 sx trail with no modifications required. Can't remember the specific model and not at home but its a c something – sorry can't be more help!
    Steve

geetee1972
    Free Member

The SX/Enduro/Demo are notoriously incompatible with e13 SRS and LG1 guides and almost always interfere with the chainstay. The newer version of these (the SRS+ and LG1+) should have addressed the issue – is it a new version you're using?

If not then typically what you need to solve the problem is an extra wide backplate comme ca:

You can buy them at CRC:

SRS Wide Backplate

The other thing you can try is the ISCG adapter plate that should have come with the guide. Should look something like this:

You can turn it around to space the guide further away from the chainstay. Obviously you mount the adapter behind the BB cup and thus don't use the ISCG tabs.

Best of luck.

robholland
    Free Member

I;ve tried the LG 1 old style and a bb adapter with also a new wide plate of crc. It just pushes it out to far and hits not just the granny ring tabs but pretty close the ring itself. Someone did say that you get thinner bb cups and also wider ones which push out the chainset, maybe the hones and lg 1 combination are the problem.

adstick
    Free Member

TBH I've found e13 guides awkward to fit on many different bikes. The Gamut is the simplest I've found.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Can also recommend the Gamut. After **** around with an e13 SRS I also gave up and stuck a Gamut on. This was an 05 Enduro and it fit perfectly first time.

Digger90
    Free Member

I gave up and went to a Blackspire Stinger on my SX Trail, running a double with bash.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Sx trail help!’ is closed to new replies.