Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Riding in Switzerland
  • jonas
    Free Member

Are ther any other good riding spots in switzerland other than the alps ?

Hells

The Jura?? On the border between northern Switzerland and France. Caveat this by pointing out that I’ve never ridden in the area, but I aware that there are trails on the French site of the border at Metabief, which I suspect will link across into Switzerland.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

The Jura??

Yes – I like the border area – bit to the french side (Jura).

Made years ago – as mtb beginner and with hardtail – the “GTJ VTT” together with a friend. Very beautiful area!

My plan, this year: to spend a bit time south of that. Southern part of the GTJ.

Austria: lots of “no mountain bike” signs put up recently. Was frustrating. Will try France again. From this border area you have a view directly to the Alps. And nearly no tourists plus perfect landscape for biking.

onandon
    Free Member

Ther are lots. What are you looking for ?

beanum

How good is your French?

This site is a useful resource for saving rides and arranging meetups:
    BikingSpots

Here is one example of a decent ride in the Jura:
    Le Suchet

There is also a very good resource for marked trails. These can be local, regional or national. It is also available in English.
    MountainBikeLand

There is also a roadie version:
    VeloLand

andyt1054
    Free Member

I live in konstanz (Germany)- the northern border of Suisse- road riding is a pleasure anywhere outside of main cities, with nice views, good climbs and normally smooth wide cycle lanes.

Off road mtb is more xc based where we are, other than the alps as stated where you have your proper dh terrain, however recently we’ve been exploring some great trails north west of Zurich near Jura – km of singletrack and great views.

In summer we drive to Chatel (fr) which is great on and off road riding as well as the Black Forest (de)..

Which does my German g/f prefer??? Bike Park Wales… (she says the Welsh are more friendly and the food is nicer!).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Riding in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.