Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Switching Mobile Contracts
  • joeydeacon
    Free Member

I’m with Three and my contract is up, and have just seen a deal with a third party shop offering a phone on Three that I’d like.

It’s a far better deal than Three are offering on their website for the same phone. Seems legit though.

Is it just a case of buying the new deal, then contacting Three to cancel my old contract and get my old number transferred across to the new phone?

Or what’s the procedure to get my old number working on the new phone with the new contract?

Thanks in advance

joeyj
    Free Member

Go direct to three and say that you are leaving. They will then transfer you to a department that deals with disconnctions, who will offer you much better deas than you can get on the web site, if not then get the new contract but dont tell them that you are staying with three

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Hi Joey

Thanks for the advice – will try that.

If I do go for the new phone deal with Three through the third party, does anyone know what the procedure is for getting my old number working on the new phone?

Cougar

If you’re staying with the same provider, just swap SIMs over.

If you’re changing, you’ll need a PAC number to give to your new provider.

Some sales types will tell you you need a new number. This is a lie to generate more commission.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Shop around, come back to your current provider with the ammo to get a better deal.

stumpy01

Cougar….how does that work, then, because I have seen quite a few websites with good deals that say if you are with X at the moment & take out our deal still with X, then you can’t port your number across.
    For this, it says you need to look at their upgrade deals instead.

This has put me off pursuing some of the deals I have seen.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Thanks for the info guys.. currently thinking it over!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Switching Mobile Contracts’ is closed to new replies.