Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Switching from poploc to non poploc? Reba WC's
  • Pitto
    Free Member

As title. I'm guessing its not as simple as getting a new compression dial for the top of the right leg?

The poploc has the switch that keeps it pretty much locked out, and I cant figure out how it'd work with just a dial. Do I need new internals?

Cheers,
    Chris

jamesb
    Free Member

no but you need to remove damper and then release the return spring which is inside damper—this spring would otherwise cause dial to rotate back to unlocked position if left in place. Spring can be removed by unscrewing bottom of damper (by hand) pop out spring and jobs done (see similar thread on Bike Radar, this is where I got info for identical job)

Pitto
    Free Member

Sound. Thanks for that. Thats what was bugging me. Didnt know how to stop it from flicking back to unlocked.

So all I need to buy is the following:

Link

jamesb
    Free Member

Yes, and no; if you want it to look pretty yes, but you can perfectly well just keep teh existing poploc dial, put a small rubber gasket under it for friction and use that instead; with a bit of engineeering you could add in a small bolt as a lever; me I bought the new dial, when received it thought that for what it was it was very costly and wished Id just kept the poploc dial and bodged it a bit

Pitto
    Free Member

Bodged it is then. Although, may just flog the poploc.

Thanks again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Switching from poploc to non poploc? Reba WC's’ is closed to new replies.