• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by duir.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Switchback Ti
  • matther01
    Free Member

Gutted that I didn’t wait 6 months instead of buying the original 26 🙁

duir
    Free Member

Why?

matther01
    Free Member

Its got 142 dropouts

stevede
    Free Member

It’s a bit less of a trail bike and a bit more of a dh bike than our slacklines though mate, 64deg head angle! I’d love one for racing dh on but doubt it would be as fun and lively as ours on tamer stuff.

deluded
    Free Member

I’m building a steel Switchback up at the moment. I was initially a bit miffed when I found the Ti was coming out, as I might have waited, however the retail price is going to be £1600, which is out of my range … or rather the advantages over steel is not justified at that price.

I’m still looking for real world experiences from Switchback owners – the few I have found say it climbs reasonably well and isn’t wandery.

jontykint
    Free Member

Hopefully I’ll be able to tell you next week when one of the new batch of frames arrives at my house. I’ve got all the bits, just the frame needed!

deluded
    Free Member

Jk,

Please endeavour to put a write up and attach some pics 🙂

matther01
    Free Member

However…just realised its £1600! I think I can live without the dropouts…and the additional cost of bigger wheels and forks

duir
    Free Member

What’s so important about about 142mm dropouts? If for example, you have a ProII it’s a simple switch between 135mm and 142mm.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Switchback Ti’ is closed to new replies.