Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Swiss Stop Brake Disc Silencer
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hi guys,

has anyone got any reviews of this product? i know bikeradar give it 2 stars, but apparently you have to really heat up the brakes before you gain full power back..

has anyone got any first hand use of this?

just bought some for 13quid, last ditch attempt at shutting up my squealing howling brakes Sad

somebody must have used it surely?

cheers guys!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I'd wager it's a set up issue of some sort.

What is this stuff, some sort of liquid additive? 😯

Dreg
    Free Member

I gave it a bash a while ago and wasn't too impressed. Cooked up the brakes pretty good but couldn't get anywhere near the power back. Ended up chucking the pads and scrubbing the rotas clean.

Maybe give it a try if you have some older pads you can afford to loose. Make sure you really cook those brakes though.

Tim
    Free Member

this?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

dreg – did it clear the squeal though? im willing to trade of some power for silent brakes through the winter???

ps ive tried copperslip/grease and it did nothing that i can tell of 🙁

poppa
    Free Member

Have you checked that your pads aren't worn down to the backing, bolts tightened properly, rotors clean and pads not contaminated?

singlespeedstu

I've tried the swiss stop stuff and can tell you not to bother.

It stops the squeal when the brakes are dry but makes it worse when they are wet.

Oh and I ended up binning the pads as i just couldn't get any power back into them. Even after getting them very hot on a load of runs down a large tarmac descent.

Dreg
    Free Member

Yep, to be fair the squeal did go, although it took a fair while of ridiculous comedy honking from the pads first.

Maybe just apply it very, very sparingly at first and increase if/as necessary to guage how its working. Or not.

Is everything faced and aligned correctly with your brake setup? I hear that can lead to squeals sometimes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Swiss Stop Brake Disc Silencer’ is closed to new replies.