Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)
  • SWINLEY XMAS RIDE >>> BURN OFF THAT TURKEY FAT
  • sugdenr
    Free Member

Asky + Ollie – you can book me in for Tues and 29th for showing you the trails.

vancoughcough
    Free Member

I would be up for it.. if you don’t mind someone who falls off a lot and is basically crap.

sugdenr
    Free Member

I would be up for it.. if you don’t mind someone who falls off a lot and is basically crap.

You should feel right at home then

singletrackmind

PaulD knows all the trails very well , and is rather competant as a group leader. Leads at a sensible speed on the linky bits and rides at just about the limit on the twisty sections

onandon
    Free Member

I may well be up for this.

ask1974
    Free Member

sugdner,

I need to update the other post. We’ve done a little behind the scenes emailing and it looks like we’re off to Farnborough. Porridge pot & Tunnel hill. Another place a few of us haven’t been.

Nice call for the 29th, can you join us on Tuesday or are you still stuck for time?

sugdenr
    Free Member

Yes, i’ll join you until about 1, PP and Tunnel good for me – do you have a guide (a Troll?), I’ve been trying to learn it of late. Which side you plan to meet?

spikyjames
    Free Member

may well try and make the trip up for the 29th.

James

ask1974
    Free Member

Sugdnar, we have a guide and a meeting point. I’m on my iPad and can’t remember the name of the pub, I’ll let you know in the morning. Nice one, see you Tuesday.

ask1974
    Free Member

Sugdnar – meeting point on thread. Tuesday ride link

PaulD
    Free Member

Oliver,

I will be happy to ride on the 02 Jan, and show you the best bits, but I cannot make the 29 December ride.

I will keep watching this post for updates.

Singletrackmind….thanks for your comments….see you soon for another ride.

PaulD

oliverholder
    Free Member

Hi Paul,

sounds good i should be fresh from the 29th hopefully 🙂

For everyone who is coming on the 29th meeting at 9 am at the lookout underneath the wooden thingy, nothing silly, all abilities, possibly a beer after.

happy days

slimjim78
    Free Member

great, I was hoping a Swinley ride would emerge around these dates. I’ll be there.

timmytwowheels
    Free Member

I am up for a ride around Swinley on the 2nd 😀

scud
    Free Member

Hi all, i’m up for the 2nd still and can happily show people around Swinley if you still need someone to guide?

What time?

DT78
    Free Member

I hope to be about on the 2nd too, penciled in.

singletrackmind

2nd Jan for me too .
    Brewing on the 29th Dec so work gets in the way of fun . again.
    Same route as last time Paul ?
    Best get on the turbo and bring the Kona , see if i can keep up this time. 🙂

1993rangie
    Free Member

All,

jumped over from the other thread started by ask1974.

If you don’t mind an extra tagging along then please add me to the list. Like the lookout been there a couple of times now.

Seggons
    Free Member

I’ll come to the 29th, I’ll bring the bigger bike and have a wee play on the jumps and drops and stuff probably!

tomo71
    Free Member

Is it greedy to be up for the 29th (until the in laws descend) and the 2nd for the full distance? Please keep me in the loop on arrangements.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

See you on 29th. Whats the parking like at swinley? Can you get a permit from the lookout?

deviant
    Free Member

Parking is good, permits available on the day from the Lookout.

I’m around on the 29th so count me in, been once before but could do with being shown the best bits around Swinley.

bigdaddy

I too could be in for the 29th, sounds good…

singletrackhor
    Free Member

ta for the info, deviant

slimjim78
    Free Member

I’ll be there on 29th, Ive been around Swinley probably a dozen times or so, but only know half the tracks very well.
    Still – im sure I could point out at least some good bits.

PaulD
    Free Member

Guys,

A new posting for the 02 January ride seems necessary.

I will be glad to show you round the best bits, including the new Stickler extension.

Any ride start time from near the Look Out Car Park is fine for me as I will be riding in from Wokingham.

I will probably be riding a HT with 2.1″ Kenda Blue Groove + Nevegal Stick-E tyres….the 1.9″ Kharismas were too narrow and sketchy last week.

Perhaps Oliver can start the thread up?

PaulD

ruscle
    Free Member

I can’t make the 29th as have to work!! But up for the 2nd as not working, are their any times set for the 2nd yet? Will keep an eye out for an update.

weeksy

Not going to be local for the 29th after all sorry.

ask1974
    Free Member

All still OK for 9am on Thursday?

Will be carrying a few extra pounds so go easy…

oliverholder
    Free Member

Yes I’ll be there, 9am at the lookout,

Definitely with an extra few pounds …….

ask1974
    Free Member

Excellent. Look out for a blue Passat.

slimjim78
    Free Member

how many in total? im aiming to be there for 9am, orange Cotic Soul

smoothchicken

Still on for tomorrow 9am, another Passat and another Cotic, a blue BFe, see y’all there

makkag
    Free Member

Hey im still up for this , Ford transit , Black cube and a Trek .. Dean & Adam .. Can anyone help me out with a satnav postcode never been here before & coming from watford Cheers !

ask1974
    Free Member

Makkag, it’s been years since I was in the area so someone might want to check this, but I assume it’s all the same place;

The Lookout
    Nine Mile Ride
    Bracknell
    Berkshire
    RG12 7QW

makkag
    Free Member

many thanks pal

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Ask/guys, this still on for tomorrow I assume? Just getting over a head cold Santa delivered but if it’s on I’ll be there.

ask1974
    Free Member

Hi ti_pin_man, yeah, all looks good. Should be quite a party by the looks of it. I’ll be very slooowwww though, legs still hurt from last week 😯

DrP

Ooh-might have a chat with the missus about coming along tomorrow…will see what I can do!
    DrP

sugdenr
    Free Member

For those that don’t know Swinley has very good parking. As you drive in suggest you turn left into the first car park which is outside Go Ape.

Then I suggest that we meet on the path at the top of this car park outside the gate next to Go Ape that leads into the forest.

Then we can sort out if we are going as one or more groups, heading to the whole nine yards or up gravel hill first and who is leading etc.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘SWINLEY XMAS RIDE >>> BURN OFF THAT TURKEY FAT’ is closed to new replies.