Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Swinley – where to stay & eat
  • singletracksurfer

Any recommendations. Thinking Crowthorne or the like might be better to stay at than Bracknell?

What’s the situation with the riding around Pirbright now too – will I get shot?

Thanks.

njee20
    Free Member

Purely for Swinley? There’s a Premier Inn about 3 miles away – back toward Guildford. It’s perfectly pleasant. Pub there too IIRC. Presumably you have other reasons to be there though? Swinley isn’t really worth an overnight stay?

ninfan
    Free Member

Budget?

We could be looking at Travelodge or Frimley Hall/Pennyhill ends of the spectrum.

Camberley is nice, but its a bit ‘wagamamas and vue cinema’ rather than ‘nice little italian’

Edit – just had a look via laterooms and theres some good deals on at Frimley Park if you’re flexible on your dates, very nice!

theotherjonv

Depends entirely on budget, but if you’re on a budget, don’t discount the Travelodge at Aldershot. Has really had some money spent on the area with a decent cinema complex and some good (albeit chain) restaurants.

Pirbright – you might get shot, but it’s unlikely. http://www.trailactiongroup.co.uk or https://www.facebook.com/trailactiongroup for more info, basically don’t be a cock, avoid soldiers where you can and if the DIO stop you / move you on, let TAG know about it.

batfink
    Free Member

Aviator in farnborough… A bit spendy though. Alternatively there is a premier inn in southwood just off J4a of the m3…. About 10-15 mins drive from swinley.

singletracksurfer

Thanks. Sorry, yes its not purely just to ride Swinley (hoping to ride some other bits around there too) while working around there, so the Premier Inn sounds like a good call (as they don’t seem to mind bikes going to the rooms) but I will try my luck with something fancier like Frimley park or Aviator.

Thanks.

ninfan
    Free Member

Theres a Hilton about five minutes ride from the swinley car park – I’d say that was a better bet than the premier inn, as you don’t need to worry about parking at swinley, and it has a decent pool etc. too.

A pretty nice place to eat opened up recently in town, blues smoke house, which is very nice – recommend there, reasonably priced – good Wetherspooons in Bracknell too

you can always put in a ride out through swinley and along the perimiter track and porridge pot before ending up at Deepcut cafe for an ace all day breakfast!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Aviator in farnborough… A bit spendy though.

If you’ve got that sort of money to spend, I’m about 2-3 miles closer to Swinley and I’ve got a spare room!
    Theres a Premier Inn (I think, might be another name) on the crossroads of the A321 and Yorktown Road just out of Sandhurst.

zippykona

I can vouch for Pennyhill. They do a reasonable deal on Sunday nights.
    Til the end of September with a waitrose offer it’s £235 for dinner, bed and breakfast. Use the spa from 12 noon for as long as you like and the next day.
    See you there!

tonyd

Theres a Premier Inn (I think, might be another name) on the crossroads of the A321 and Yorktown Road just out of Sandhurst.

Rackstraws. If you really want to stay in Crowthorne there is the Wellington Hotel, might be worth a look. Not much to do in Crowthorne though, couple of Indian restaurants, Chinese, Fish and Chips, and a couple of pubs all within walking distance but that’s about it.

You could have kept your bike in my garage but it’s just been demolished 🙂

gren
    Free Member

Theres a Hilton about five minutes ride from the swinley car park – I’d say that was a better bet than the premier inn, as you don’t need to worry about parking at swinley, and it has a decent pool etc. too.

you can always put in a ride out through swinley and along the perimiter track and porridge pot before ending up at Deepcut cafe for an ace all day breakfast!

Good call on the Hilton. 5 minute ride from Swinley. I can also vouch for the Deepcut cafe. Great post ride recovery grub. Make sure you head down that way – much better than Swinley.

Tiger6791

I usually stay at Coworth Park, nice for a ride around the Great Park also

ninfan
    Free Member

ooh, for something a bit different – camping pods at California country park 8)

singletracksurfer

thats great, thanks everyone.

I like the idea of camping pods – will come back with the family for that one.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Swinley – where to stay & eat’ is closed to new replies.