Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Swinley trails
  • nicko74

Anyone been to Swinley recently and can report on the conditions there? I've not been in 6 months, and trying to get my backside into gear to go this weekend…

btw, a couple of people emailed me about a map of the trails – unfortunately a combination of junk filters in Hotmail and an itchy mouse-finger meant I deleted the emails before I saw who they were from. So if you did, ping me again and I'll dig them out. 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

You know there's the Gorrick Enduro on Sunday, so some of the trails will be being used for that. It'll be busy too.

Amos
    Free Member

Dry as bone and flowing fast! bit beaten up over winter but getting better, think rain is due though so not sure what they'll be like at the weekend

nicko74

njee – that's invaluable information, thanks! On the one hand it would be quite interesting to see where they go (and what kinda level people are); on t'other, it wouldn't be much cop finding some trails have been closed off for their use.

njee20
    Free Member

Why not enter, it's a good way of linking up a lot of the decent trails, a 10 mile lap, you can do between 1 and 7.

nicko74

'cause I'm very much a 'if I do it by myself/ with mates nobody'll see how bad I am' type rider 🙂
    Oh, that and I've not ridden in 6 months.

But when I feel particularly keen, I have in the past thought I should try a gorrick or something 🙂

joolsburger
    Free Member

The flat trails are dry and fast right now lots of them are badly carved up after the winter and there are some really bad areas of motorway.

The little DH runs at Surrey Hill are in crap condition, what used to be lovely flowing little runs are now covered in braking bumps and chopped to buggery also people have been building their own wee little doubles and stuff on them so if that's not your thing be careful. There is still some great stuff over there but only the armoured trails are in what I'd call good shape.

njee20
    Free Member

The Gorrick Enduro is very different though, because you choose how far you ride, there's no ability basis at all. You'll find some very fast people in every category, and some very slow ones!

Last year I did 3 laps in about 2hrs 20, whilst there were people who took 4 hours, and some who were slower than that and only did 2 laps. The fields are huge too, so there's a lot of anonymity, much more so than a normal Gorrick! It's one of my favourite events every year. Go on, be brave!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

YGM, and I'm about all weekend and similarly unfit if you fancy a pootle.

nicko74

thisisnotaspoon, YGM. I reckon I'll try to go Saturday before the rush, but it does depend on my getting some motivation… 🙂

xcstu
    Free Member

Its been that dry at swinley even the snakes have been out sunbathing 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Swinley trails’ is closed to new replies.