• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by gee.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Swinley / The Lookout tomorrow. Haven't been for years, what's still there?
  • DrRSwank
    Free Member

Heading down to Swinley for the first time in around 8 years tomorrow. Not ridden there since its been “bike parked” or the big fire.

I’m happy to follow the waymarked trails around but is the likes of the Corkscrew still there? Just wondering what’s likely to have changed.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Yeah bomb hole & corkscrew still alive and well. The blue red blue loop covers some of the tamed old stuff and lots of the old stuff is still there if you go looking. The car park will be rammed from 10 am I would have thought so get there early!

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I’ll park in Bracknell and ride over if needed.

Thanks for the info.

razorrazoo

Duck off around red 5/6 ish to get to the corkscrew. All the downhill runs are still there, the red trail takes in deerstalker. Expect blue to be rammed as the weather brings everyone out, red is less busy. Will be running nice and quick given the dry weather. With any luck I’ll be heading over early evening once the crowds have subsided.

Legoman
    Free Member

I did the blue/red loop this morning – the trails are running best I’ve seen them in a long time & it wasn’t stupidly busy (though I was away by 10).
    Lots of damage was done over the really wet winter but everything has been well repaired and most of it’s in pretty good nick now.

You’ll gave a blast – enjoy!

martinh
    Free Member

That is except for red 4 & 5 which are a bit of a mess. 4 does finally have a path of sorts appearing again though.

gee
    Free Member

Red 5 is wrecked – the surface never hardened properly and so now it’s full of holes and wheel sucking lumps.

Rest is great.

GB

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Swinley / The Lookout tomorrow. Haven't been for years, what's still there?’ is closed to new replies.