Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Swinley Stickler/Seagull are closed to 12thOct but where is this info published?
  • scu98rkr
    Free Member

Apparent at Swinley Stickler/Seagull are closed to the 12th October. But where is this info published ? And why is there not a website that announces closures ?

deadkenny
    Free Member

Maybe it’s expected you’re a BoB to ride them and would therefore know 😉

But yeah, don’t know. Is it actually true or just an Internet rumour?

Doesn’t matter as there’s plenty of other things in Swinley. Not sure what more they’re doing to Stickler though. Just hoping they’ve found an additional rock to make it two rocks in the rock garden 😀

timmys

There were definitely notices up at the entry points to the Seagull and Stickler at the weekend. Shame as I’m itching to get back and try them again after Saturdays Singletrack Super-Sex Party. Can’t say I could really see where any work was needed to be be honest.

scud
    Free Member

The new section of Stickler is going to be extended so that there is a whole new start which will avoid the 80m long muddy section if you come at it from Seagull. This will have a much better all weather surface like the new section of Stickler already does.

Also plan to finish refurbishing middle section of Seagull and to do some repairs
    to Tank Traps.

As posted above this does leave a lot of other trails still to play on and will help weather
    Proof the area a bit more before the no doubt soon to come winter

timmys

Is anyone able to confirm these trails are open again? Thinking of heading down tomorrow (Fri) but would probably head elsewhere if they’re still out of action.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

No idea, last time they did some maintenance the signs asked people to voulenteraly avoid the new/repaired trails and given the wet weather this week that’s probably advisable.

Unfortunately last time people ignored the signs and a lot of stuff got trashed before it had had chance to bed in.

thepurist

Gimme a couple of hours and I’ll let you know.

timmys

last time they did some maintenance the signs asked people to voulenteraly avoid the new/repaired trails and given the wet weather this week that’s probably advisable.

Fair enough. Has there been much rain then? Can’t remember having had anything noticeable this week and I’m not exactly a million miles away in North London!

Gimme a couple of hours and I’ll let you know.

Cheers!

thepurist

Righto

Stickler : An attempt has been made to block the old (muddy) entrance but the new one is not yet open. The trail material is all in situ but just needs shovelling & suchlike to get the trail built. At the other end of the extension there’s a new bit of trail that goes straight on (crosses over the existing trail). That’s similar to the older bit of the Stickler – bermy, a few kickers etc BUT it is also unfinished and just ends in the middle of nowhere. As with the new entrance the rest of the trail path is defined & the gravel is there, so it looks like the trail pixies just need some more time to finish it [+].

Tank Traps: Open but no substantial work (apologies to the pixies if I missed something major)

Seagull: A bit of resurfacing & berms re-done at the Devil’s Highway end of the middle bit.

No signs up about staying off the new bits in the rain but as the only really new bit doesn’t go anywhere there’s no point riding it yet anyway. And it’s pretty damn dry anyway.

[+] wasn’t there some muttering about some new arrangement meaning that trail building could be opened up to non BOB-ists? Just mentioning it as there are some folk who wouldn’t mind helping but can’t be doing with the whole BOB thing…

timmys

Cheers for the update, much appreciated. So to clarify, there is nothing saying the Stickler is shouldn’t be ridden yet or are both entrances meant to be blocked to keep people off?

thepurist

The Star Post end is open as normal. The old entrance at the other end has a bund of earth across most of it but there’s already a line appearing around that. The new unfinished entrance is still taped off, as is the unfinished end of the latest extension but the other end of that is open. There’s a small access trail that goes from the end of the new bit out to Windsor Ride. I didn’t wander off down the unfinished bit to find out where it’s headed though I’d guess it’ll be toward the new entrance as well.

thepurist

Signs are up again on the Stickler – closed 27th oct to 3rd (4th?) Nov. Looks like the trail pixies will be finishing off the new bit – thanks!

scu98rkr
    Free Member

cheers for the info

slimjim78
    Free Member

Still plenty of good bits available to ride!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Swinley Stickler/Seagull are closed to 12thOct but where is this info published?’ is closed to new replies.