Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Swinley, Sat, anyone fancy it ?
  • weeksy

Wouldn’t mind trying out the cabling on the Whyte, just to make sure it’s all good. Been a bit wet round here lately so Swinley looking good.

9.30am at start of blue/greeen ?

kelron
    Free Member

Was planning on heading to swinley tomorrow but 9.30’s a bit early for me so don’t wait around.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Watch out for people standing on the trails and “Eastern Europeans” asking for directions.

weeksy

I’ll be OK, i’m not setting Strava records.

cokie

Damn.. originally planned a Swinley trip for Saturday but plans changed.
    Enjoy!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Having one last ride over Porridge Pot before the Army closes it off for good 😥

Scamper
    Free Member

I’ve seen pics of fencing going up over that way?

LittleNose
    Free Member

Having one last ride over Porridge Pot before the Army closes it off for good

didn’t realise that was happening – is it both Porridgepot and Tunnel hill they’re closing?

Only ridden there a couple of times, but really enjoyed it.

razorrazoo

It was running really well last week Sunday (though I did the fireroad drag rather than the early red (poss 3) which I’m sure was a total bog). It was mega busy though, even more so than usual – and I’d got there before 9. When I got back tot he car they were controlling traffic at the road entrance.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

didn’t realise that was happening – is it both Porridgepot and Tunnel hill they’re closing?

https://servimg.com/view/18617790/6

All sorts of rumours about what happens next but it doesn’t look great. The (civilian) police were at TH last week saying we’d be prosecuted if caught on the trails too.

Tiger6791

I’ll be at Swinley tomorrow.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Watch out for people standing on the trails and “Eastern Europeans” asking for directions.

Haha my immediate thoughts when I read the title of this thread…beat me to it. 😀

At least the OP isn’t asking for directions..

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Can’t do this Sat but if anyone’s there Sunday am up for a meet

timidwheeler

The (civilian) police were at TH last week saying we’d be prosecuted if caught on the trails too.

Are you sure? Could it have been MOD plod? I can’t see TVP acting as private security.

weeksy

Was debating between Swinley on Sat this week or Gorrick race on Sunday, but finances and my lads football mean Swinley is most likely.

About 1pm if anyone fancies some company ?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Are you sure? Could it have been MOD plod? I can’t see TVP acting as private security.

No, not MP or DIO, actual police in an X5. I think we were collateral whilst they were doing something else although we were at the start of a publicised forum night ride so if I was feeling paranoid they’re watching us! But they’d obviously been briefed on the bylaws and complaints by the Army at the very least.

weeksy

On my own then ! I was planning/hoping to do 2 runs of the blue, one on the Parkwood in 27.5 and one on the Whyte T130. Just curious how the Parkwood goes in 27.5 config.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Swinley, Sat, anyone fancy it ?’ is closed to new replies.