Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Swinley ride this friday – anyone about!
  • disben

Well after my introduction (thanks again Pete) to a good area to ride last thursday I am thinking of coming down again to ride this friday. Maybe aim for 10.30 / 11 again?

Is anyone else around – although i can remember some of the trails – not sure if i can remember them all…?

I realise there may be some fast paced groups going out, but I would prefer any more relaxed cyclists, so that I can learn the area and not run out of steam! Maybe another 3 hour ride…?

Answers on a postcard – or more appropriately here!!

forge197
    Free Member

disben – I maybe about to show you around but won’t be able to confirm till a little later on.

There are other things I ought to be doing but the weather looks ok and I had a cracking ride there yesterday 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

I might do a sneaky hour or two before work but I’ll be long gone before you turn up.

forge197
    Free Member

I can do 10.30am on Friday would prefer 10am if you can but happy to do a three hour Swinley Tour on Friday 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

Atlaz – it’s was lovely the yesterday morning at 8am great way to start the day

disben

can prob do 10am if there is some good riding to be had!!! say 10am – will just have to get up earlier!!!

anyone else…?

forge197
    Free Member

10am would be spot on.

I doubt you’ll be getting up earlier than I got up today and tomorrow 3.45am!! Be a nice lie in to get to Bracknell for 10 🙂

I will see if any of the guys I ride with regularly are about too.

16stonepig
    Free Member

I may be about too

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I might make it up there for 10am

I will be the slow fat one handing out Big Bike Bash flyers.

Is there a plan on how we recognise each other or have I missed out on the secret STW ‘nod of recognition’?

forge197
    Free Member

I’ll be in a Grey Passat Estate which sounds worse than it is 🙂

I haven’t quite decided which bike to take at the moment, they all could do with a clean 😳

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Black Integra Type R
    Scott Strike

disben

Red Specialized Sworks (Hardtail)

soobalias
    Free Member

depends how tomorrow goes at work, but technically im on leave friday.

will post up here on thursday night if i can make it.

ive done some stuff at swinley, but certainly dont consider myself to be a knowledgeable local 😉

cinnamon_girl

Car park absolutely heaving, would strongly advise going before Centre opens at 10.00 am. If the sun comes out, heaven help you 🙄

Out of interest how was it on The Stickler over the Easter break? Bearing in mind it’s bi-directional, any collisions/disputes/hissy fits?

Have a good time and sorry I can’t join you cos there’s no chance of me keeping up 😉

disben

cinammon_girl – at my speed im sure you would keep up – im still learning all the corners etc so dont worry about speed!!!

soobalias
    Free Member

dammit forgot the school hols. im out till next week.

forge197
    Free Member

I aim to arrive around 9.45 reckon be ok for parking 10:05 might be a different matter, and BH Monday the Car Park was rammed I could have sold the space, they opened up the additional additional parking area.

CG – it’s going to be a social pace on Friday so feel free to come along, Mrs Forge can’t make it though 🙁

Stickler was sticky on Sunday and dry on Monday held up well I thought to the weekend, both days didn’t see any others on it either way, though later saw some starting it and noticed everyone was entering from the lower star point end which is good as that to me is the natural start.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks disben and forge but have a weekend of riding lined up so shall have to give it a miss.

Interesting that people start from LSP. I always ride it in both directions and now don’t have a preference. Wonder if any chicken wire will be put on the bridge.

Have a good time 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

I was tentative on the bridge Sunday when it was still damp seemed ok.

I ride it from LSP head all the way to the end onto the non carpeted bit and then turn right along a little right again over another resurfaced section right at the fireroad along that for a bit and then left into the section that leads to the tanktraps at the end of the gully.

Shame you can’t make it, enjoy your weekend of riding.

forge197
    Free Member

Just a heads up I may need to bail from tomorrows ride mrs f managed to end up in casulty so the stuff she was doing tomorrow I now need to do!!

disben

sorry to hear forge – not so good…

forge197
    Free Member

Thanks she managed to fall off a ladder trying to put some stuff in the loft area of the garage!! Though nothing is broken a trip to triage and nice sling later….

I shall have to be at home tomorrow apologies for that.

Have a good ride

disben

So Friday –

Me, 16stonepig? WorldClassAccident, Soobalias? – sounds good

ive ridden there once – last thursday with Petetheplumber – so dont really mind where we go – im looking to learn it!!!

Will be aiming to arrive just before 9.50 but hold on if im running late – im coming down from North London!!!

Red Spec inside a Red Astra!

cinnamon_girl

Poor Mrs forge, please pass on my good wishes for a quick recovery and hope to see her soon at Swinley.

forge197
    Free Member

Thanks CG she will be fine just a bit stiff and bruised!!

atlaz
    Free Member

Did you go today and if so, how’re the trails? Any swamps formed?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Sorry for not showing. I forgot it was Friday today until about 3ish

disben

lol! i turned up and no-one was there… 🙁
    In the end went along some of the fire tracks by myself – was good fun until i got a puncture…. 🙁 – fixed and then got another one!!! decided that with all the rain, wasnt in the mood to try and push myself (spec on my own – in a place i didnt know) so just went up and down the fireroads for a while! – didnt see a soul!!! (apart from a couple of bikers and families at the car park).

Anyway – will be down there again sometime in May :)….

Will try and organise another one again!

Dis

dalepoint
    Free Member

next time you are about give me a shout. sorry have only just seen this post could have been there today went on the chilts instead. normally ride mon and tues after work and Friday.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Swinley ride this friday – anyone about!’ is closed to new replies.