Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • swinley – red route to babymaker pls
  • trumpton
    Free Member

Hi picking up the red red route from the top of the fireroad hill at the reservoir and wondered how to get to the babymaker. done it once before but couldn’t find it last time. I turned off, turned right and that led to the bottom of a large gravel hill nearby.

razorrazoo

If you are just following the red route, babymaker is one of the runs which goes off the open area which you reach after the short steep strong fire road climb (red 20something I think, I’m old school and still don’t know the numbers). The open area has a wooden notice board with no actual info attached. Off the clubhouse (as this open area is called), you have deerstalker on he left (the official red route), then old deerstalker, then babymaker, then babystallker, then axle run, then a n other which I can’t name.

theotherjonv

from the reservoir at the top of Surrey Hill, keep the res on your right instead of following the red route, and follow the fireroad to the next corner, all sandy. There’s a fence on your right behind the bushes, as it’s the boundary with the army land.

From the sandy area, there’s a ‘steep’ fireroad downhill that then goes direct back up (still with fence on right), which brings you to the top of razorrazoo’s fireroad climb.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trumpton
    Free Member

thanks

scottfitz
    Free Member

Swinley was dead last night, did a 20mile/3hour solo ride (including blue and red) and didn’t see anyone! Not as popular with locals these days? Mainly weekend warriors? Maybe just a one off.

weeksy

Still fairly busy when i’ve been there afternoons, usually Weds for me… plenty of riders about on trails and in car-park.

razorrazoo

Swinley was dead last night, did a 20mile/3hour solo ride (including blue and red) and didn’t see anyone! Not as popular with locals these days? Mainly weekend warriors? Maybe just a one off.

Catch it at the right time and you’ll have it to yourself – weekday evenings are perfect. Go on a nice day at the weekend and the car park will be heaving and the blue route will be congested. Red tends to be a lot quieter than blue, even on busy days, as the traffic on there only tends to be the more ‘keen’ cyclists.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘swinley – red route to babymaker pls’ is closed to new replies.