Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Swinley or QE
  • DT78
    Free Member

Have taken the day off to go riding, few things to sort but expect to be out the door at 11. Both swinley and QE are about the same drive. Which would you go to? Was at QE about 3 weeks ago and should be at swinley next week. Leaning towards swinley due to rain overnight, can’t be arsed to clean the bike again.

Toughest decision of today. Hmmmm.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Depends how much climbing / descending you want to do. QECP has a proper hill, Swinley is a series of little mounds.

I’d say QE for the variety everytime, if the mood takes you it’s easy to do longer xc style ride too.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

QE if you ride out the Buriton side. The ‘official’ loop just makes me want to punch myself in the face all the way round.

Considering the rain, probably Swinley. Or drive a bit further to Peaslake.

covertbaz
    Free Member

I’ve done both in a day before, if you don’t mind the drive in between, will get dirty at Swinley too and you have the sand to contend with, but both are good rides

Lummox

Go to qecp and head out back to the head down bit, I think the trails there hold up better after rain.

The latest dh trail is fun 🙂

variflex
    Free Member

Different beasts.
    Swinley will make to smile more as it flows better having large chunks of purpose made trails. Good mix though with some nice down hill blasts and jumps.

QE for climbing, off camber trails and roots, chalk and loose trails.

Given the weather recently, Swinley would be my best bet for fun today.

scottfitz
    Free Member

40% of the red trail is closed at QECP due to FC work.
    http://www.qecptrailcollective.co.uk/2014/05/red-trail-closures/

However I rode there last night and still did 28.5km and 850m of climbing. It was proper slippy but man was it fun. The DH track was insane in the thunder storm.

Only been to ‘new swinley’ ones not in a rush to go back. I preferred it before the ‘improvements’. Would go to Tunnel hill, hindhead and peaslake if I wanted some sandy action these day.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Swinley or QE’ is closed to new replies.