Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Swinley or Peaslake tomorow afternooon????
  • singletrackmind

Going to be able to blag a few hours off tomorrow afternoon. Anyone local to either know what the conditions are like at the moment?
    Swinley might be slightly less muddy than Pitch / Holmbury , but would like to know how bad it is generally.
    Weather forcast isn’t too bad , maybe light showers with a breeze , 7 degrees C.

Thanks Rob

DezB
    Free Member

Was at Swinley on Saturday mate, Matt and I got over there for a few hours. It was ok, but the nice flowy singletrack doesn’t flow much cos you have to fight with the thick, rutted mud in the middle. Some huge puddles near the bottom of the labyrinth run too.
    All rideable, not as quite as much fun as when it’s frozen!

jfeb
    Free Member

I was at Swinley yesterday (gratuitous opportunity for photo, although taken on my phone):

It was pretty muddy, and it has been raining since. I would say 50% of the trails were mud-affected and were a bit of a slog, to be honest. But then again I was riding on 2.4″ Racing Ralphs which aren’t known for their ability to cut through the clag.

loddrik
    Free Member

Was over at leith/holmbury last weekend, some sections on holmbury nigh on unridable…

glenp
    Free Member

If any of the Surrey Hills bits are all but unrideable please think twice before going ahead – it will only prolong the crappy period and may well cause longer term erosion. BKB should be ok, as will most of Telegraph, Parklife – everything else is likely to be not exactly at its best.

singletrackmind

DezB , Got you a prezzie. grabbed a Tesco Torch (AA) on Sunday. They had them for £8, with a discontinued sticker on them. If you have found yours no bother, I will keep it in the glovebox

hora
    Free Member

Darn what a choice dilemma.

DezB
    Free Member

Cheers mate! Nope, not found mine and your P7 battery has nearly run out.
    Lasted hours though with dilligent use of med-low modes.

tyke
    Free Member

Still raining in the Surrey Hills area today with more forecast throughout the day. Should be dry tomorrow, but as already pointed out above the ground is fairly waterlogged at the moment so expect plenty of mud.

stealthcat

Holmbury on Sunday wasn’t worth it. Even the bits of singletrack that normally survive OK were gloopy/cut up. I doubt it will have dried out much yet…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Swinley or Peaslake tomorow afternooon????’ is closed to new replies.