Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Swinley off-piste GPX routes
  • spacemonkey

Morning all

Have a demo lined up at Swinley later this week and fancy taking in some of the off-piste / steeper stuff. Use to ride loads of bits years ago, but can’t remember where much of it is or where the newer stuff is. Can’t find anything specific enough on gpsies / Strava etc. Does anyone have something that could ping across?

Cheers

Just get out to near the start of the labrynth trails on the red section. As you get to the top of the big climb where the wide track goes left to the clearing, look out for a little track on the right. Go along there for a bit and it brings you out on some really steep stuff.

Tiger6791

What do you need to know? What do you want jumps? What bike are you demo’ing?

There’s not a lot but there’s certainly stuff I won’t go over but I do know where it all is.

spacemonkey

Cheers chaps. I think I now recall some stuff near Labyrinth having checked it on the map – will defo seek it out.

Not looking for any jumpy bits. More a case of mimicking some of the stuff I’d normally ride on the Surrey Hills, eg drops / steepish bits, so I can see how the geo changes the ride. Demoing a Zero. Don’t have enough time to get the bike to SH for a proper test and back.

Tiger6791

Try having a look around Camel, go down at first then about half to third look left

Up the firewood hill and turn right rather than left, you’ll find it

Here (but the other way)

https://www.strava.com/segments/5211182

mahalo

fairies have been working on camel lately, the takeoff for the second double is considerably bigger! worth noting if you have not been for a while and drop in blind from the top!! i discovered the hard way 😀

deadkenny
    Free Member

Ask the Bird folk for routes, they may have some.

Steep is mainly going to be around Labyrinth area, drops around there and off Camel. Though there are a number of others about in other places.

Various bits off the top by the reservoir going in various directions which are steep down, some jumps and drops. Flowy switchback stuff, there’s New England switchbacks.

If you want flowy trail stuff, go over to Crowthorne side. Some bits there and it won’t shake you to pieces like the cobbles will. Has the corkscrew and bomb hole also. Sadly Watsons Wander that leads there from Swinley has been flattened in a massive bit of forest clearance. 🙁

Check out the old trail map from pre-cobbles days. Most of it still exists.

http://www.swinleyriders.co.uk/swinley/trail-maps/original-swinley-routes

Tiger6791 – Member 
    Try having a look around Camel, go down at first then about half to third look left
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGWga-fx3kQ

😆 nice off there

Yeah, just to the left bit further up before that crash, bunch of drops of various sizes. One of which landed me in hospital 😀

spacemonkey

Bit of a thread resurrection there chaps, so ta for the additional info 🙂

Funnily enough I managed to find the bombhole/corkscrew area after a bit of perseverance. Nice bit of nostalgia though not as fun as the first time we found them. And yep, the steeper sections beside Labyrinth got sessioned too. Again, took me back to the old days.

Will head back there soon and go more off piste.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Swinley off-piste GPX routes’ is closed to new replies.