Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Swinley is totally rubbish
  • solamanda
    Free Member

I wouldn't bother going…

cinnamon_girl

I agree solamanda 🙂

PSA Don't waste your time folks, there's better riding elsewhere 😉

knottie8
    Free Member

yes rubbish , I seem to remember(cant wait to go back).

jedi

i actually find it ok but better stuff nearer to me

Radioman

Mr Jedi I think it is way way better than the singletrack Herts trails…eg Broxbourne Woods, Hertford Heath etc (not including those up in the air grade XXXXXX mad ones u ride).. Have u been down there on the Hummer recently.. U shld give it a go.. Im thinking of going tomorrow. There seems to be racing on at Chicksands and Aston Hill so its going to be Swinley for me..

I recently did some great rides on the Leith Hill area with Hei Hei from this site… I would rate that way way way(3 ways!) better than my local herts singletrack. It reminded me of some of the fun rides I did in the Scottish Highlands this Summer.

jedi

🙂 🙂

jedi

the surrey hills are the best singletrack i have ridden in the uk tim!

Radioman

Sorry 4 delay…pizzas went in the oven! To be honest I agree. It was almost scary… i had done the Highland Wildcat at Golspie & quite a few others i rate as "top" recently but the Leith Hill ride beat the lot to be honest. I rode it on my Spec SX trail & didnt notice the weight even though my companions were v.fit & with one riding a hardtail Hummer.. cos it was so much fun!. Hei Hei put such a great route toghether superb…better than any trail centre i can rember doing. Leith Hill area is definitely a way way way good ride if you get an excellent local trail leader like Mr Hei hei did for us…

by the way I hope all is well with you..havent seen u for ages

jedi

all is very well with me 🙂 🙂

Radioman

Have a good ride tomorrow weather looks good! I'll look fwrd to seeing the pics.. now time for Pizza and to open some Wine Cheers All! 🙂

jedi

matt hart said to say hi by the way

juiced
    Free Member

crap. Dont go! Anyway that's a photo of Wales. 😆

heihei

Tim / Radioman – cheers for the big-up!! Let me know when you're up for another jaunt!

jedi

the 3 hills rule

heihei

Yep – Ranmore Common for me tomorrow given it's so dry. That final section is the best bit of trail in the whole area imho.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

never found any good stuff in swinley. These certainly werent taken there…

Mr MC dropping over MC in some woods somewhere

Mr MC on ~20 foot gap jump on singletrack which ISNT to the right of the climb up to the Surrey Hill reservoir…

MC on twisty berms somewhere else

aleigh
    Free Member

I found Swinley useless….I learnt nothing and it was full of fire roads 😯

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Swinley's good, but prefer the hills. I'm happily stuck in the middle of both.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I'm bored of the place. Not been there other than passing through on a night ride for a long while now, and have no desire to either. The new trails are poor to say the least. Badly drained and poorly planned.
    The trails in the OPs pic are very good, but die in the rain. Most of the singletrack is trashed and too wide now. Long stretches of it need ploughing up, IMO. They need to start charging for the car park and putting it back into the facilities.

schnullelieber
    Free Member

I rode it on my Spec SX trail & didnt notice the weight even though my companions were v.fit & with one riding a hardtail Hummer

Radioman – were you on Holmbury hill last weekend by any chance? I chatted to a guy on an SX trail about his new 456 frame, he mentioned his superfast mate on a hummer.

superlukey
    Free Member

HeiHei,

A bit cheeky I know, but any chance of having your route? I rode from Ranmore Common yesterday, and it was great but think we missed out lots of the good bits as it was our first time there. Cheers.

heihei

pm me on ajryan@btinternet.com and I'll drop you the route. Don't have gps stuff but will describe.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Swinley is totally rubbish’ is closed to new replies.