Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Swinley GPX route pls…
  • DT78
    Free Member

Can someone point me in the direction of a gpx that takes in the highlights of Swinley?

I’ve ridden there before so know a few bits, but generally end up getting lost alot.

2-3 hour loop would be ideal

Thanks in advance

DT78
    Free Member

No one?

cinnamon_girl

Hmmm, there should be some folk on here with them. Not sure if I have but will have a quick look for you.

cinnamon_girl

Two gpx’s sent. If you don’t receive them, let me know cos I’m a bimbo with technology!

DT78
    Free Member

Thanks CG – yep they’ve come through – will see if I can upload them – first time for me trying to upload/follow a track on my gps too 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Coolio. 🙂

If your gps is new then you shouldn’t have a problem with tree cover. Mine used to lose satellites in the Chilterns!

DT78
    Free Member

Garmin edge 800. Brill bit of kit, though it does seen to go a bit funny sometimes. Apparently I clocked 53.6mph off road the other day….

DT78
    Free Member

Well obviously not as easy as copy&pasting those files straight to the courses file on my garmin.

Grrr…need to read the manual…

DT78
    Free Member

Looks like I’ve got the second one on the GPS ok (not sure why the first didn’t work).

Using BikeRoutetoaster to import as .gpx and then export as .tcx. No idea why but it’s what google tells me to do…

Thanks CG!

cinnamon_girl

What’s BikeRouteToaster?

I can just about cope with Tracklogs!

DT78
    Free Member

http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx

I googled how to get courses on the garmin, and this was the first one that came up. Seems to do the trick. Can’t get Garmins own software to do anything!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Swinley GPX route pls…’ is closed to new replies.