Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Swinley freeride
  • gt56
    Free Member

Is the new area open now? Been a few times this year and never seen it ridden so stayed away.. It might have been open the whole time? How do you enter the area?

thepurist

Think another swinley thread basically said it’s never going to open officially. Something to do with CE getting cold feet.

mehr
    Free Member

The freeride area was probably the daftest idea ever and way beyond 99% of the average riders (at Swinley) capabilities.

They would have been buried by law suits and closed down if it opened

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    razorrazoo

Brief version that I heard from ex Swinley BIke Hub employee goes along the lines of features built without any real consideration for the main riding population of Swinley and even these not finished / have issues that need addressing. Currently do not have the money / time /resource to rethink and rebuild. Don’t expect it to open at any time soon.

Personally, given the majority of Swinley riders (myself included for for the big line at the moment I expect) would never get anywhere near them, I think they were pretty stupid to build it in the first place. A progressive skills area with tables, drops etc would have been much better use of space than large drops, doubles and step downs.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Pretty much as said above,and no it is not open. I don’t think it will ever be though supposedly the plan was still to do something with it.

That said I’ve heard CE have taken over from Trail Team Swinely so they have no say in it now.

gt56
    Free Member

OK thanks for the info. Will leave it alone. Shame

deadkenny
    Free Member

😀

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Shame seems like the peeps who run tts are a tad insular…. Helped on a few dig days for this but for what? Crown estate will absolutely never agree to open the free ride area unless a decent amount of progression is built in and those huge drops are flattened.

Such a waste. I do love swinley but hate the politics.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Should never have flattened the gully in the first place. Was just done because of accident stats, but now the accidents are in other places. The freeride area was supposed to make it easier to get an ambulance to (I think that was seriously said somewhere).

oldtalent
    Free Member

Stupidest idea ever, whoever thought of this should get a right shoeing round the back of stickler.
    Build features bigger than aston hill, tidworth freeride, rogate DH, stoughton DH etc etc in the area with the biggest gathering of bimbling mincers in the south of England? What could possibly go wrong.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Swinley freeride’ is closed to new replies.