Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Swinley forest worth the trip at the mo?
  • jimr80
    Free Member

I’m looking to go to swinley forest tomorrow. Is it worth the trip a the moment with all this rain plus the high winds. I haven’t been since they’ve opened the new red and blue route and need to get away from the endless mud plugging that to be had locally. I will also be driving past (on the m25) surrey hills so would that be a better shout.

frogstomp

The Swinley blue trail is closed to recover from flood damage etc. for a couple of weeks. Probably best to avoid at the moment…

razorrazoo

Definitely drive on by at the moment. As frog said blue is closed (and you normally ride blue to reach red from the car park) and large parts of red (mainly fire road bits) are a bog. Rain has been pretty relentless that way and tracks have still had a high volume of use which has had a big impact. Check out Trail team Swinley and the Swinley Forest FB pages for updates.

jimr80
    Free Member

Cheers for that guys. Surrey hills worth a punt ?

razorrazoo

Not sure, I’d like to know where in the local area might be rideable at the moment as was hoping to get out on Sunday.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I’ve been avoiding the single track in the SH it gets badly rutted in this weather but you can do a decent loop in the hills nevertheless. Just avoid the bottom of Pitch hill, it’s a mire. There are some loops over at Oxshot, Esher, Cobham etc that are OK ish too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Swinley forest worth the trip at the mo?’ is closed to new replies.