• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by gee.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Swinley Forest-What's open?
  • gaberin
    Free Member

Going to Swinley forest on Sunday, are the downhills like Babymaker and Axle open? And the Gulley?
    I know most of the rest is shut.

Is there anything good over in Crowthorne, and if so how to you get to it?

Thanks
    Gabe

sugdenr
    Free Member

The downhill is open but thats it and just as well the logging vehicles have turned it into a bog. Even if you sneaky ride the new armooured stuff its mostly not settled yet and like riding on sand.

Swinley is shut people.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

babymaker, jump gulley and the downhill bits between jump gully and baby maker all open a couple of weeks ago.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

babymaker, jump gulley and the downhill bits between jump gully and baby maker all open a couple of weeks ago.

Indeed, but the gulley is trashed from people trying to ride it all winter. Speeking of which, does anyone know how it’ll fit in with the new built trails? Is anyone appart from the crown estate allowed to maintain the trails, and if not is the gulley just going to dissapear, it usualy needs a fair bit of work doing at the start of the sumer.

grilla
    Free Member

Good news, some of the previously closed trails are being reopened for tomorrow, namely the top of W9Y, Stickler, Tank Traps and Deer Stalker.

Babymaker, Axle, Jump gully, Labyrinth etc. have been open all the way through.

Join the Facebook group to keep up to date

http://www.facebook.com/groups/Swinley/

gaberin
    Free Member

Thanks grlla that’s great.

soundninjauk

Is it going to work like any other trail centre then? I.E. follow the route, no deviation etc? That’s the impression I’ve got from what I’ve read on this.

gee
    Free Member

Yes that’s the plan, although the trails around the Labyrinth are staying. The newly built trails look amazing – so no worried about losing trails…

GB

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Swinley Forest-What's open?’ is closed to new replies.