• This topic has 20 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Swinley Forest Red – How long does it take you?
  • poiu
    Free Member

Just need a benchmark 🙂

Maybe include whether you’re riding full sus or hardtail?

Cheers!

Poiu

jamesoz

Only have times for blue and red together, 1:31.55 is my best for them combined on a Kona Steely hardtail. usually about 1:45 with fag break.

Jason
    Free Member

I went around in 39 minutes a few days ago, that was in the dark so maybe a bit quicker in daylight – although the forest was empty so I didn’t have to slow for anyone. That was on a hardtail 29er, I would think I would be about the same on my full suss bike.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

1h25 for blue-red-blue on fully rigid, including the full stickler

theotherjonv

1:21 for red-blue-red last week. I start at the top of the labyrinth section, coming in past the old dean as I do. Red as far as the start of tank traps, then do the whole blue, then rejoin and do tank traps, and over to the seagull run, etc.

Includes whole of stickler, but does not include the optional black bit on the edge of crowthorne woods, stay on the red single track there instead.

Finishes with the climb back to the top of the labyrinth which may be cheating, because I’d be buggered if I had to ride another section straight after killing myself up there……

paul123
    Free Member

Where’s the black section I’ve ridden it a couple of times but never seen it. A marker post number would be good as I don’t know the areas by name.

Cheers

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’s still closed/unfinished, although people keep moving the barriers.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

1.14 is my best for blue-red-blue. On a hugely inappropriate 150mm AM bike. Full loop, only bit missing is where the birds are nesting & it’s closed, but riding up the fireroad and round.

poiu
    Free Member

Great, thanks!

When you guys say “red-blue-red” or “blue-red-blue” I guess you mean just one total loop of each?!

Cheers,

Poiu

weeksy

They mean starting at the Blue, then joining on the red after about gate 8 i think… then doing the red, then back on the blue after gate 28 of red, joining Blue at about 15 i think it was.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

They mean starting at the Blue, then joining on the red after about gate 8 i think… then doing the red, then back on the blue after gate 28 of red, joining Blue at about 15 i think it was.

Something like that, it’s a figure of 8 so you start/finish on the blue.

Not sure where he’s going between 8 and 12 of blue and 28-32 of red because you don’t miss anything :p

Muke
    Free Member

Maybe someone should organize a STW rideout @ Swinley 😉

Legoman
    Free Member

Does anyone know where there’s a map showing the Swinley section names?
    I only know it by the numbered markers, so have no idea which bits are Seagull, Labyrinth etc

poiu
    Free Member

Thanks all,

LOL so I had to do the blue as well just be be able to benchmark against you all!

1:52 for red-blue-red

but:
    1st time on blue, 3rd time on red
    bike stuck in middle gear set
    hardtail
    got stuck behind a troup of scouts on the blue
    kept having to stop to let people past (not sure that’s a valid excuse!)

It’ll be interesting to see how quickly the time comes down.

Cheers!

Poiu

soobalias
    Free Member

i did blue red blue with three runs down the jump gully a quick phone call to the missus, a piss stop, a lap of the green bought a bit of home made flapjack, change in the rain in the carpark… in two hours fifteen, judging by the carpark ticket time

what do i win

if id known i woulda got changed quicker

jamesoz

Just need to do 1 hour dead, on a unicycle, blindfolded whilst juggling.

thepurist

Just need to do 1 hour dead, on a unicycle, blindfolded whilst juggling.

2 handed juggling? Pah!

kimbers

best is about 1h30 in the dry on the 140mm full suss

seen a few people taking shortcuts dunno the name but its a roller coastery bit just afterthe start of the red

jamesoz

Tank Traps? Strava is dead handy for finding out section names.

DT78
    Free Member

just look on strava for the times…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Swinley Forest Red – How long does it take you?’ is closed to new replies.