Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Swinley forest postcode wanted
  • shanta
    Free Member

As in title please.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

tried putting Swinley forest postcode in google?

crazy-legs

Lookout Discovery Centre, Bracknell – google that.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jon1973
    Free Member

RG12 7QW (The Look Out)

philconsequence
    Free Member

the first rule of swinley is you do not talk about swinley! 😯

thepurist

No Phil, the first rule of Swinley is that you have to go there because there’s no other decent riding in the area 😉

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

How small an area are you talking – you can ride from Swinley down to the Tunnel Hill area for a start…

jon1973
    Free Member

I think he must mean the area of Swinley Forest, in which case I’d agree that Swinley Forest is the only decent cycling in area.

thepurist

Oh dear, irony doesn’t communicate well over the web does it? Hence the wink at the end. I can’t believe the number of people who travel miles to ride at Swinley and don’t think to try all the other riding in the area.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How small an area are you talking

I’d count ‘Swinley’ as anything within riding distance of the lookout? Spliting it into Crowthorne woods etc is being pedantic!

philconsequence
    Free Member

i got what you meant purist 🙂

if i wasnt able to ride into crowthorne woods/swinley completely off-road (apart from about 500metres from leaving my door) then i’d be all over the other local spots, tunnel hill is something i need to check out and go exploring out deepcut/aldershot MOD land type areas

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I can’t believe the number of people who travel miles to ride at Swinley and don’t think to try all the other riding in the area.

Maybe they’ve already been there, though? That would make sense, wouldn’t it? Do Swinley last, because lots of people here seem to think it’s good.

crazy-legs

Do Swinley last, because lots of people here seem to think it’s good.

Swinley is ace, the whole area is just stuffed with great trails. Although the mud there is worse than the Peaks for wearing through brake pads and drivetrains!

But yeah, when most people say “Swinley” they mean “park at The Lookout and ride from there”

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I can’t believe the number of people who travel miles to ride at Swinley and don’t think to try all the other riding in the area.

I’d say probably because theres no bridleways in the area so you have to string together bits of various people knowlage and in general everyone knows swinley and there’re plenty of maps on the internet showing the locations of various trails.

Maybe a few STW rides need to be organized to enlighten people?

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Swinley was my back garden for a few years. Summer evenings up in the woods were nearly as good as local rides out of Lytchett Matravers when I was growing up.

Solo night rides, however = axeman rapist fear.

Lots of cleaning required in winter, yes.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m up for it as long as we can ride under the name “Swinl-E Rydaz” and all wear massive new era caps at weird angles.

the entry price is playing N-dubz loudly from your mobile phone as you ride no handed with one hand down your jogging bottoms.

philconsequence
    Free Member

Solo night rides, however = axeman rapist fear.

dont worry, TSY is living in the oxfordshire area now, the broadmoor lot are nothing compared to him 😉

anjs
    Free Member

10am on a Monday morning is always interesting when new people move to the area.

philconsequence
    Free Member

ahaha always forget about it until a bank holiday monday or i’m using up precious annual leave by sitting around at home! when i used to do night shifts i hated waiting until after 10 to go to sleep.

anjs
    Free Member

Have seen people be convinced an air attack in imminent

shanta
    Free Member

Heading down in a few weeks but no idea of where the good stuff is!

anjs
    Free Member

Well be prepared for riding around a lot of very similar looking fire roads not really finding alot unless you can get hold of a local to show you around.

philconsequence
    Free Member

when you heading down and are you awesome? if so i’m sure a couple of forum members could try and plan a ride for around then 🙂 (as long as you dont mind us stopping every now and then to refill our crack-pipes)

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

very similar looking fire roads not really finding alot unless you can get hold of a local to show you around.

Alternatively, just ride out of the car park and start looking for tell-tale ‘deer tracks’ heading off from the sides of the fire roads. They’re bound to be the start/end of something interesting.

Take a compass so you can find the car park again, though, or you might find yourself going round in circles at dusk.

loddrik
    Free Member

B01 1LX

catfood
    Free Member

Im thinking of going over there tomorrow, anyone been in the last day or two? Should I take my flippers?

anjs
    Free Member

Yes would guess its a swamp. Rained for pretty much for 12 hours solid last night

allthepies
    Free Member

LZE A55

cinnamon_girl

Don’t waste your time, we’ve had two consecutive nights of continuous rain plus a race there on Sunday that didn’t help the trails.

Was there on Saturday and it was bad enough. In fact I believe it has now closed until Spring. 😉

catfood
    Free Member

I may have to, only one ride since before Christmas and Im going a bit crazy, only the ss running at the mo and Swinley is nice and flat.

shanta
    Free Member

So is Swinley pretty flat as i may take the my SS speed if the bouncey bike would be a bit overkill, give the bearing a rest from winter conditions.

catfood
    Free Member

Very SSable, I rarely take gears.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

no gears at all??

Do you have one of those run-along trainer type bikes, like the young kiddies have?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Easily SS’able, even I manage it.

The gloop isn’t too bad, its pretty well drained and its been sub zero the last few days so may well be frozen anyway.

Only bits of note are:
    Seagull run is sticky, the surface turns to clay in the wet, doesnt seem to erode or cut up too badly though.

Stickler, the berms are underwater, if you know it reasnobly and hit them at the correct speed they’re fine, otherwise its a very cold early bath! The bombholes have chicken lines.

Satans grotto etc are unpassable, but the gorrick boys have cut plenty of new singletrack in the area behind the corkscrew for last weeks race, by the looks of the tapeing, they only used about half of it.

catfood
    Free Member

Ye I just take me push bike

shanta
    Free Member

SS it is then..

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Swinley forest postcode wanted’ is closed to new replies.