Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Swinley Forest – Plotting my route, linking trails and trail direction?
  • fibre
    Free Member

I’m plotting a route for tomorrow using Open Street Maps on bikeroutetoaster.com and trying to link the main trails (in blue). It worked very well last time but some trails ended up being ridden the wrong way etc.

Can someone please help me link the main trails in the right direction for a nice flowy ride.

So far from the car park i’ve linked: Cork Screw > Seagull > Lower Star. I need to link: Tank Traps/Stickler and then to do the full The Whole Nine Yards down to Jump Gully. Then I want to link From the Gulley to Deer Stalker\Labyrinth (non fire road route would be good).

Here’s where I’ve got to: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.3695812225342&lon=-0.742650032043457&zoom=16

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

there is a map linked to on the mtbbritain site – a few years old so the stickler bit won’t take in the extensions, but it covers most – links to about 15 miles with only a couple of bits which cover a trail both ways.

fibre
    Free Member

Cheers, sorted now. I’ll see how it goes 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Tank traps then whole 9 yards?

Car park – up the singletrack climb with no name, watsons wander (to the right of 9 yards), corkscrew, then back to the start of 9 yards, 9 yards, to jumps, up seagull, re0ride the last.first bit of seagull but turn off at the first road crossing, up the hill then stickler->tank traps. Through the “mountainbike area” by whichever route takes your fancy, piss about in the labrynth, back over the heathland/rollercoaster, then back up seagull, over to devils couldrun (if its dry) then corkscrew again, then back down the 9 yards/watsons wander, down “the climb with no name” (which everyone loves as a decent), and back to the car park.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Swinley Forest – Plotting my route, linking trails and trail direction?’ is closed to new replies.