• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by mb51.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Swinley Conditions
  • filks

How is Swinley riding at the moment? Heading up there this weekend unless it’s total mush

thepurist
    Trimix
    Free Member

Nope, theres been a hosepipe ban, heatwave and its now August.

Joking aside, the place is pretty weatherproof. The Red/Blue trails are fine and most of the off piste stuff is sandy/loamy/gravely.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Was there last week, first section of the red as you join it from the blue was pretty boggy, lots were bypassing it on the fireroad but other than that was all good

mb51
    Free Member

Hi. Yes last weekend was wet and boggy in places. Should be better this coming weekend as will of had 3or4 days of dry weather.but i expect 2nd part of red to be at least a bit mushy as not very good drainage in that section.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

I was there last Saturday. Plenty of puddles on the fire roads, but the trails themselves holding up pretty well. And the crappy weather meant it was quiet in the car park

Much better than my local routes in the Chilterns which are a total mud-fest

mb51
    Free Member

Hi. You’d be better off going there tomorrow morning, as I reckon it’s gonna be proper chocka on Sunday.as weather looking very good.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Swinley Conditions’ is closed to new replies.