Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Swinley Blue route distance
  • mudmuncher

Says 6.25miles on the board, but when I did it today only 5.5miles on my trip?

Anyone else measured it? Did I miss a section, is my computer wrong or is it really only 5.5 miles?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

MM were you on the anthem?

Sorry do not know the answer

mudmuncher

Yes! Are you a psychic?

There was someone else on an anthem I was following for a while too.

jon773
    Free Member

Did you ride the tank traps section or miss it out by taking the alternative short cut well beforehand?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

They’re so fast it made it feel short!

No, just chatted with a guy demoing an anthem mid way round the blue and just wondering if it was you and how it went.

Great day up there. My first time on new blue and red.

mudmuncher

Did you ride the tank traps section or miss it out by taking the alternative short cut well beforehand?

I didn’t intentionally take any short cuts but I definitely didn’t do tank traps so I must have taken a wrong turn or missed a section. It’s been a fair time since I was at swinley so I was a bit disorientated. I did Stickler which I recall was next to tank traps so I must have gone wrong there.

mudmuncher

No, just chatted with a guy demoing an anthem mid way round the blue and just wondering if it was you and how it went.

It wasn’t me – must have been the guy I was following.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I thought tank traps was the first section of the red? When you came out of section 5/6 did you turn up the fire road for about 800m before the right turn and then the immediate turn into section 7? Hard to see how you could lose distance. Getting lost (like me on that section) could have added distance though. I expect that they have measured it correctly if they are putting it on the signs?

mudmuncher

I thought tank traps was the first section of the red? When you came out of section 5/6 did you turn up the fire road for about 800m before the right turn and then the immediate turn into section 7? Hard to see how you could lose distance. Getting lost (like me on that section) could have added distance though. I expect that they have measured it correctly if they are putting it on the signs?

Yes, just checked and I think Tank traps is on the red route. Can’t remember what I did at each section but I did do a longish stretch of fire road

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Strava says 5.5, and if it’s on the internet it must be true.

Apparently there’s still bit’s planned that they ran out of time/money for so maybe it’ll grow the extra.

skaifan
    Free Member

I made it 5.5 miles this evening. Its a bit longer if you rail the tops of the berms!!

ratzer73
    Free Member

I was there on an anthem today…..only did red tho

notmyrealname
    Free Member

If you turned right at the post in the middle of the trail on Stickler, apparently it’s a shorter route.
    If you go left its a bit longer. Not sure it adds 0.75 miles though.

mudmuncher

1st time I did it I went right at the post which was 5.2m, second time went left which was 5.5m. Sounds like I don’t need to adjust my bike computer just yet.

akak
    Free Member

I made the gps distance 8.5k, someone with a wheel rotation computer made it 10k. The difference I think is because you change direction a lot and gps smoothes out the route?

Muke
    Free Member

I noticed that my laps were around 5.5 but thought it was just my calibration that was out.

ChrisI

My Strava says 5.6m, I must have been high round the berms! 😀 That was with the longer route going left at the post on Stickler. Tank Traps is on the red.

mudmuncher

My 5.5m was from a wheel rotation computer not GPS, so should be correct.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Swinley Blue route distance’ is closed to new replies.