Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Swinley and leg bitten (and sore) on two visits…..
  • GaryBanham
    Free Member

Bit of an odd one but the two times I’ve ridden @ Swinley with just shorts on I’ve been bitten by an insect and it’s made my leg swell and have a really hard lump around the bite area, it itches like mad but does go after a week or so.

Clearly I must have got this whilst standing about but I wondered if anyone else has had this?

Or can anyone recomend me a good but repelent spray to keep the buggers off!

Cheers
    Gary

jedi

the biters have been out at herts too. dunno what they are but they are small with a mottled back.

sweepy
    Free Member

that sounds like what we in Scotland call a clegg. It seems that once they go for you shooing them off doesn’t work, they just come back. Wait till they settle for a bite and squish them.

senorj

I had the same at Epping last year.
    Bloody infuriating bites –
    like a squash ball on the side of your leg!
    I put it down to horseflies.
    Sounds like I’ll have to put more antihistamine tabs in the camelbak.
    Try not to itch it makes it worse.

didnothingfatal
    Free Member

Bot Fly 😕

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23eimVLAQ2c[/video]

timmys

NEXT TIME IT COULD BE A CHILDS FACE!!!!!111

RustyMac

didnothingfatal

That video is minging, i just about lost my breakfast.

GaryBanham
    Free Member

Thanks for all the comments and the vid ha ha that’s disgusting!

sharki
    Free Member

I got nipped whilst at swinners and it wasn’t a clegg, but a black fly, very small and grumpy bite, swellings and aches.

loddrik
    Free Member

It’ll be the local labour voters.

takisawa2

Ha. Look at them eejuts. Fancy getting changed in the car with all the windows shut on a lovely warm evening like this. There even laughing at us.

Few hours later…

Anyone bring any calamine lotion…

First time we visited CyB plenty of summers ago.
    Practically eaten alive we were.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I got bitten by an adder on a ride thought “those famous woods”, my calf turned black and I had to have some insanely strong antibiotics that gave me malaise, it was shit shit shit.

oh and that bot fly thing is both hideous and fascinating! those little **** would be tortured post removal!!

love the use of gaffa tape!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Swinley and leg bitten (and sore) on two visits…..’ is closed to new replies.