Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Swinley after the rain – anyone been out today?
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Some friends with mountain bikes want me to show them around. They’re not serious cyclists and riding around a swamp doesn’t seem like fun to them so just wondering if anyone has been over there today since the rain stopped mid-morning and if so, what the conditions are like.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Swinley drains really, really well, and i’ve seen conditions change over just a couple of hours. It will be wet, but still rideable.

Unlike Epping which by now is probbly a swamp. 🙁

batfink
    Free Member

I was out last night…. and it rained damn hard yesterday too. Trails are fine – there are some puddles, but it’s not a swamp-fest by any means. Most of the sandy trails are skill a bit skittery actually – bit of rain has done them good.

soobalias
    Free Member

swinley drains really well, it will be nice to ride over the weekend, maybe – for newbies give it a miss till there has been one dry day at least, else its wet gritty and generally not fun

last thing swinley needs is more people riding round puddles

mrblobby
    Free Member

It’s about to get a lot worse if the seriously dark clouds overhead and thunder are anything to go by. Should reach Swinley in a couple of hours I reckon.

EDIT: Just started to tip it down here and we’re about 20 miles west of Swinley.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If it’s raining, just rained, or just about to rain at Swinley, heed my advice and take at least 2 sets of spare brake pads…….

mrblobby
    Free Member

Bloody hell, that is some serious rain!

atlaz
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – I did two pairs of organics back in March in 2 hours there which is why I avoid it when it’s swampy. Damp is fine, wet roots okay but loads of sandy puddles or rain, I’m going elsewhere.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That’s very wise mate!

3-4 miles away as the crow flies, we don’t get the same abrasive slop that you find in Swinley though… 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Swinley after the rain – anyone been out today?’ is closed to new replies.